Multiplayer glitch. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Tech Support

Pzt_Serk -> Multiplayer glitch. (12/6/2008 4:07:48 AM)

Pointing out that when playing H2H, the joining player does not receive message about his own tank burning and being immobilized, just like in CCV. A quick check of all the messages might be appropriate.

Neil N -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/6/2008 4:09:48 AM)

Hmm, never seen that one. I was a client just the other day, and unfortunately, got each of those messages several times.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/6/2008 6:50:35 AM)

will double check though.

Client not receiving immobilize/destroyed messages

Pzt_Serk -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/7/2008 5:52:24 PM)

Well I just played some game as Host and I had a message when an ennemy tank was immobilised/burning by arty barrage (and I did not see the tank yet) and i'm 100% sure you don't get this message when playing as client.

Tejszd -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/7/2008 6:20:40 PM)

If that is still happening then that would be a bug.

But I don't think you should be getting those messages at all anyway. How would you know when you hit a tank what the damage is? Maybe newbie players need that so the message detail should be tied to the level your playing at; Example on Recruit it would tell the tank you just is immobolized but on Elite you would get no message or a message stating Enemy Hit...

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/7/2008 11:24:11 PM)

Just played as clien on allied side

I heard "Bailing out" as each tank was destroyed

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/7/2008 11:32:46 PM)

Playing as the host I heard the same voice cue

Pzt_Serk -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/8/2008 3:19:20 AM)

Yes you get the «Bailing out» vocal message, but nothing in the message log at the bottom of the screen (usually a messge in red). As Host you get a message in red saying such tank is immobilized, etc. even when it's an ennemy unit. I did not play as Client since but it surely worth a quick check.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/8/2008 3:44:41 AM)

Just checked again

The client (allies) received a "Bailing out" voice cue

and

A "Bailing Out" yellow text message from each vehicle as it was destroyed... no damaged messages.

The Host (axis) received
1st shot "M8 Greyhound is damaged"

2nd shot "M8 Greyhound destroyed"

Pzt_Serk -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/8/2008 3:55:44 AM)

Allright,

if the Client destroys host's vehicule, does he have the «ennemy vehicule is immobilized/destroyed» message? IIRC the Client won't but the Host does know when he immob an ennemy vehicule, like you posted above.

Pzt_Serk -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/8/2008 4:04:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

If that is still happening then that would be a bug.

But I don't think you should be getting those messages at all anyway. How would you know when you hit a tank what the damage is? Maybe newbie players need that so the message detail should be tied to the level your playing at; Example on Recruit it would tell the tank you just is immobolized but on Elite you would get no message or a message stating Enemy Hit...

Indeed no side should get that info regarding ennemy vehicules. For now the Host does but not the Client.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/8/2008 4:04:10 AM)

As client destroys hosts vehicle

hears "Bailing out " voice cue

No text message

Host received "Bailing out" voice cue

and

"Bailing out" text
"M5A1 Destroyed" text

Pzt_Serk -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/8/2008 4:08:25 AM)

I'm glad to help [:)]

Did you also take a look at this message (In the wrong forum I admit) regarding possible Spy bug and Baraque de Fraiture exits VL?http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1963912

Did not get any answer about it yet.

Cheers!

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/8/2008 4:47:12 AM)

quote:

Baraque de Fraiture exits VL

Spy one is a difficult one to test and reproduce.

Baraque de Fraiture exits VL have been addressed in the upcoming patch

[image]local://upfiles/2239/6C292EA1E51C4572AA37077090807168.jpg[/image]

Pzt_Serk -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/8/2008 4:59:53 AM)

Great!

Pzt_Serk -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/8/2008 5:19:05 AM)

Regarding spy bug, here is the game file if that can help you out.

http://rapidshare.com/files/171335103/Serk033.html

As previously explained, tried to get my bg in winterspelt back to lomersweiler, got diverted to schonberg and did not get stoped by the faster german bg using the same road in the opposite direction. So maybe trying to recreate the same moves might end up in it happening again.

P.S. Its going better now for me as the US in that GC [:D]

EDIT: It is the same GC where Pzt_Kevin_dtn reported many crashes in Meyerode at CCS.

Pzt_Serk -> RE: Multiplayer glitch. (12/13/2008 6:17:32 AM)

One more client/host thing.

Might look like nitpicking but is it possible to avoid the disorganisation for the client's active roster after a battle? It's purelly esthetic and it's probably due to loading saved files, but the client always get disorganized roster after a fight and the host don't have this. I.E. troops in second platoon are spread over the three platoons instead of staying in the slot where they were selected.

Cheers,

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI