Aircraft Altitude questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition

tiemanjw -> Aircraft Altitude questions (12/6/2008 4:24:32 AM)

Forgive me, but I'm a newbie:
I'm having trouble with setting aircraft altitude in a few conditions:
First, when I set up an AAW patrol around my CVN, all my planes seem to take "low" altitude. I would like this to be at higher altitude. Is there a way to set the patrol altitude higher?

Also, I'm trying to make a scenario where some civilian jet liners are flying in the area. They start on a nearby airport, and take off at various times enroute to other airports. When the fly though, they are always at "low" altitude. Is there a way to force them to go to very high altitude after takeoff?
Finally, is there a way to get aircraft to start in the air, or do they all have to start on the ground?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

hermanhum -> Harpoon Classic Scenarios (12/6/2008 7:33:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tiemanj

I'm having trouble with setting aircraft altitude in a few conditions:
First, when I set up an AAW patrol around my CVN, all my planes seem to take "low" altitude. I would like this to be at higher altitude. Is there a way to set the patrol altitude higher?

Also, I'm trying to make a scenario where some civilian jet liners are flying in the area. They start on a nearby airport, and take off at various times enroute to other airports. When the fly though, they are always at "low" altitude. Is there a way to force them to go to very high altitude after takeoff?
Finally, is there a way to get aircraft to start in the air, or do they all have to start on the ground?

The altitude of aircraft in Formation Air patrols is set by the game engine. I think that it is affected by the loadout of the aircraft.

Regarding the airliners, you must be using the Ferry mission. Unfortunately, that command always commits the aircraft to flying at low altitude. You could try and position a Patrol Mission with the cross-hairs, but those planes will always return to the base from whence they launched. They should fly a bit higher, though.

There is no way to directly insert aircraft into a scenario at this time. This is possible in Harpoon ANW, but not in HCE.

Welcome aboard, shipmate. [8D]

scottthecanuck -> RE: Aircraft Altitude questions (12/6/2008 11:06:50 PM)

Personally I like to set up the AAW patrols manually including AEW support. A little bit more management but I like to see 'em on the map.

TonyE -> RE: Aircraft Altitude questions (12/6/2008 11:21:55 PM)

You might also want to update to the current version of the game, Medium is more the default altitude for aircraft in 2008.044 but some do still travel at Low.

tiemanjw -> RE: Aircraft Altitude questions (12/13/2008 2:09:54 PM)

Thanks for the responses.  I do have the most recent version.  I'm trying to make a scenario where some neutral airliners are traveling their routes near a carrier group.  So patrol might work, they will fly to the other airport, and back again.  I could also set it to repeat and use less planes.  Thanks again.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI