Difficulty level (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge

ShadoWarrior -> Difficulty level (12/6/2008 9:42:10 PM)

Besides the enemies being more dangerous, what other effects are there from playing the game at a harder level? Can we get a precise list of what the differences are between each of the three levels?

Imvarda -> RE: Difficulty level (12/7/2008 1:14:17 PM)

Starting money and merc cost is different per difficulty level.

Regardless of difficulty levels grenades will make you cringe anytime one is thrown.

bartholimew -> RE: Difficulty level (12/7/2008 3:14:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ShadoWarrior
Besides the enemies being more dangerous, what other effects are there from playing the game at a harder level? Can we get a precise list of what the differences are between each of the three levels?

Good Question, hope it gets a detailed answer. I saw the merit at medium level of the enemy AI being a formidable opponent. Good fire and movement scripting. I couldnt win any of 5 battles at medium level. But they were fun and I came close Little Big Horn style.

But on Newbie level the AI seemed dumbed down too far. A cakewalk first time. Perhaps just a little more money is all that is required with a couple M1 available to start the mid level difficulty.

Good to see ya shadow (from the aftershock forum)

ShadoWarrior -> RE: Difficulty level (12/7/2008 7:52:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bartholimew
Good to see ya shadow (from the aftershock forum)
Thanks! Been a long time since I was active on the AS forums, given my (ongoing) work on Afterlight (and JA2).

Michi -> RE: Difficulty level (12/8/2008 8:48:33 AM)

There is a real problem with the difficulty scaling.

Playing Newbie was a cakewalk on the North Road, Safari and them Mine.

The next level of difficulty - well, I was beaten to a pulp in the North Road, have yet to complete the Safari, and am pretty much pout of cash due to the expenses of hiring the same mercs.

SeanD -> RE: Difficulty level (12/8/2008 9:04:13 AM)

Salary levels on medium difficulty are in the process of being overhauled.

Grenades are being fixed right up as well. Sit tight - plenty of most excellent changes on the way!

SlickWilhelm -> RE: Difficulty level (12/8/2008 4:07:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeanD

Salary levels on medium difficulty are in the process of being overhauled.

Grenades are being fixed right up as well. Sit tight - plenty of most excellent changes on the way!

Well, that's some great news! [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI