64 bit Vista (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support

Hard Sarge -> 64 bit Vista (12/7/2008 12:33:02 PM)

does this game work with Vista (or is the 64 bit that is the hassle ?)

I install it and can get to the menu, click on play and get a error message in Russian, so don't know what it is saying is wrong

but top of message is something about JAZZ

any ideas, suggestions (other then I should of gotten a Laptop with XP on it)

Erik Rutins -> RE: 64 bit Vista (12/7/2008 3:12:31 PM)

It worked on our 64-bit Vista test system. Could you post a DxDiag file please and a screenshot of the error message?

Hard Sarge -> RE: 64 bit Vista (12/7/2008 5:14:54 PM)

I just got the laptop, so, most of the normal stuff we are used to, I am still looking to see if it has it, will try for the file, don't think I can get a screenshot (didn't see paint or the clipboard yet)

(I did try)

Shin -> RE: 64 bit Vista (12/8/2008 4:12:46 AM)

I've got this running on Vista 64 with crashes rare enough not to be a bother.

opossum -> RE: 64 bit Vista (12/8/2008 4:16:41 AM)

How did you get it running? Either through the game menu or running the quick start, I just get the title, then the screen goes black, and it's back to the desktop. I've tried running it in XPSP2 compatibility mode, but same issue.

Theages -> RE: 64 bit Vista (12/8/2008 11:52:08 AM)

A general advice for playing games an Vista (x64): disable UAC, never install games in "Program Files" folder

The games works under Vista x64. I just installed it to my second HDD (drive D:) in folder "Games\Matrix Games\Hired Guns"
I start the game by clicking on "Play" in "Hired Guns Game menu" or the quickstart shortcut

Hard Sarge -> RE: 64 bit Vista (12/8/2008 6:13:36 PM)

sorry for sounding dumb, but what is UAC ?

SlickWilhelm -> RE: 64 bit Vista (12/8/2008 6:38:02 PM)

UAC= User Account Control. It's Microsoft's attempt to "protect us" from malware and viruses by allowing UAC to restrict programs to a standard user priveleges. But as is often the case with Microsoft, it ends up hindering the general user rather than helping.

Here's a link that shows how to disable it: http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

SlickWilhelm -> RE: 64 bit Vista (12/8/2008 6:41:12 PM)

Oh, you may also need to right-click on the shortcut to launch the game and select "Run as Administrator". 

milkweg -> RE: 64 bit Vista (12/9/2008 12:52:53 AM)

I don't disable UAC to run any games on Vista64 and it has never caused me an issue. I do use TweakUAC to set UAC to quiet mode so it doesn't annoy me as much as default setting. I do set all games to run as admin though. Not all games need admin but it's hard to tell which do and which don't so I set all of them to run with admin rights by going to the properties of the game shortcut and then the compatiblity tab and checking the box that says runas admin. That way you don't have to right clcik the file and select run as admin every time you play the game. I've not had HG crash on me once in Vista64. I use:

Asus P5K mb
ATI 4870 512mb (latest drivers)
Directx November 2008 update installed
X-Fi Xtreme-Music soundcard with latest drivers
4GB 1066 DDR2 ram
3.0GHZ C2D cpu @3.4GHZ

No background apps running except Windows Defender. Suggest closing AV software when gaming as they can sometimes cause issues in games.

Trifler -> RE: 64 bit Vista (12/9/2008 1:55:41 AM)

Runs fine for me under Vista 64-bit. I installed it under c:\Hired Guns.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI