Invalid Serial....after playing for 3 days??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support

igor7111 -> Invalid Serial....after playing for 3 days??? (12/8/2008 7:20:11 AM)

Yep, I got an error message that said my serial number is invalid (it isn't) and to contact matrix games. soooo, i'm contacting you.

Theages -> RE: Invalid Serial....after playing for 3 days??? (12/8/2008 11:56:15 AM)

This error occurs when directly executing the game.exe and not having set the "execute in" parameter of a shortcut to the "Hired Guns" directory (not the "bin" subfolder !) or a deleted "serialreg.txt" in the "Hired Guns" directory.

milkweg -> RE: Invalid Serial....after playing for 3 days??? (12/9/2008 1:13:05 AM)

On a side note: Why is serialreg.txt just a readable text file in all of matrixgames games and not an encrypted file like most other games use? The theory is that a hacker could possibly snoop my PC and steal my serial codes from my matrixgames games because they are readable in that .txt file. If the file was encryped then no one could steal it.

wworld7 -> RE: Invalid Serial....after playing for 3 days??? (12/9/2008 1:14:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: milkweg

On a side note: Why is serialreg.txt just a readable text file in all of matrixgames games and not an encrypted file like most other games use? The theory is that a hacker could possibly snoop my PC and steal my serial codes from my matrixgames games because they are readable in that .txt file. If the file was encryped then no one could steal it.

Get a good firewall and you have no worries.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Invalid Serial....after playing for 3 days??? (12/9/2008 2:56:46 AM)

We did that due to customer feedback. Customers kept losing/forgetting their serial numbers (and not registering and forgetting their store info, etc.) so more than a few requests were made for us to store the serial number in a text file in the game folder once the game was installed, so that if all else failed, it would be there.

However, if someone's snooping around files on your computer, you have larger problems than losing your serial number.

mmalficia -> RE: Invalid Serial....after playing for 3 days??? (12/9/2008 7:32:33 AM)

smile i acctualy prefer it this way with anti piracy "methods" getting so out of hand its nice to see a few companys not makeing one jump threw hoops to get a game running. or in some cases "cough EA cough" getting 3 instals of your game then "opps sucks to be you" please buy a new game ..

if your that worried about getting hacked use a proper firewall and if you use the argument that well if he's a realy good hacker... that same argument gets proven dayly on FTP sites around the world where one can download the latest encrypted so called for consumer protection DRM .. games and media [;)]

its nice to see folks like matrix and stardock not forceing extra unwarented crap on my pc or other issues .. and its one a the reasons they get my buisness :>

bugs -> RE: Invalid Serial....after playing for 3 days??? (1/4/2009 12:00:06 PM)

I got the same problem :S

Been playing for some time now. all the sudden i get a crash back to windows. when i restart the game it gives an error about my serial being invalid.

when i re install the game i can play again but after a random time it crashes again and onces again a serial problem.

any clues /ideas for how to fix this ?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI