Game VS the demo ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> The War Room

mutantpoo -> Game VS the demo ? (12/8/2008 4:16:02 PM)

Hi

Is the game in better English than the demo ?

My personal favorites " Get ready for extreme sex " and " Pretend you are a clay pigeon, filthy whore "

Erik Rutins -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (12/8/2008 4:34:01 PM)

There's nothing like that in the game that I'm aware of.

mutantpoo -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (12/8/2008 5:58:00 PM)

Thanks for that ! I might just buy it now.

SlickWilhelm -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (12/8/2008 6:45:09 PM)

Well, the game is NOT in good English. Also, there are some questionable phrasing such as in the IMA test, like "Sacrificing a virgin(not over 18) once a month". [8|]

That being said, I think the game is worth the money, so I recommend purchasing it.

milkweg -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (12/9/2008 12:30:15 AM)

I like the bad translations. Makes it funnier than it is supposed to be.

mmalficia -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (12/9/2008 7:55:15 AM)

ide agree  its kind of like watching a realy good pinoy martial arts flick, the  horendus  subtitles  make  half the charm..

not to mention  your playing a game  about  takeing  money to "ive  split his BRAINs..)  kill people, manipulate a impoverished  sector of a  country in turmoil. and all around not being  the most, sunday afternoon fare as  far as gameing goes ..     and your  going to stike an issue with a few inuendoes and sexual references ???  i just  dont get how  thats even in the same  ballpark....   

side note  ide  die laghing if i actualy  heard  the  british merc make the clay pigion comment    his weird  russian /bad brittish accent   cracks me up every time  :> 

and to be honest  come on, ill asume  folks are in the US  here   as am i  (but i get the luxury of traveling for work  every so often)  we realy need to lighten up here a bit  in the states  and get on with laughing at ourselves as well as  being  just a weeee bit more  open minded, and generaly laid back.  (if  you have  so much as watched tv  in any of 90% of the other countrys in the world  yould  know  we are seriously introverted anal retentive prudes as a nation  among other things) 

brigade101 -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (12/11/2008 4:27:07 PM)

I haven't mesed around with the files that much. I wonder if the phrases can be changed manually ?

quote:

ORIGINAL: mmalficia

and to be honest come on, ill asume folks are in the US here as am i (but i get the luxury of traveling for work every so often) we realy need to lighten up here a bit in the states and get on with laughing at ourselves as well as being just a weeee bit more open minded, and generaly laid back. (if you have so much as watched tv in any of 90% of the other countrys in the world yould know we are seriously introverted anal retentive prudes as a nation among other things)

[8|] Good grief, I'm not an American and even I found that offensive.

brigade101 -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (12/11/2008 7:29:38 PM)

Anyone know where to find the bad guy sayings ? I found the Mercs and the contacts but no bad guys.

mutantpoo -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (12/12/2008 1:08:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mmalficia

ide agree  its kind of like watching a realy good pinoy martial arts flick, the  horendus  subtitles  make  half the charm..

not to mention  your playing a game  about  takeing  money to "ive  split his BRAINs..)  kill people, manipulate a impoverished  sector of a  country in turmoil. and all around not being  the most, sunday afternoon fare as  far as gameing goes ..     and your  going to stike an issue with a few inuendoes and sexual references ???  i just  dont get how  thats even in the same  ballpark....   

side note  ide  die laghing if i actualy  heard  the  british merc make the clay pigion comment    his weird  russian /bad brittish accent   cracks me up every time  :> 

and to be honest  come on, ill asume  folks are in the US  here   as am i  (but i get the luxury of traveling for work  every so often)  we realy need to lighten up here a bit  in the states  and get on with laughing at ourselves as well as  being  just a weeee bit more  open minded, and generaly laid back.  (if  you have  so much as watched tv  in any of 90% of the other countrys in the world  yould  know  we are seriously introverted anal retentive prudes as a nation  among other things) 

Man what the hell are you smoking ?
" and your going to stike an issue with a few inuendoes and sexual references ??? i just dont get how thats even in the same ballpark.... " What ? What ? It's BAD TRANSLATION !!! not bad words that bother me !!! You call it kung fu charm ,I call it bad buisness practice. I won't even dignify your last remarks other than as a world traveller....get over your country hating self !

VassagoPT -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (12/12/2008 3:24:44 PM)

I'm not a native english speaker, but honestly the bad translation is the least of my worries on this game.
It's bad translation yes, but we can still understand what they are saying and we can always ignore if it bothers us.
On the other hand I would be pissed if I knew the developers were wasting time correcting translation issues instead of gameplay issues, after all this is a game not a book or a movie, and translation improvements we can always do ourselves...

Mobeer -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (12/29/2008 8:25:30 PM)

Where is the demo? I am a bit undecided on buying this, and would like to try the demo.

Flying Tiger -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (2/19/2009 8:48:32 AM)

Demo?? What demo??

hadberz -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (2/19/2009 11:52:47 AM)

Here is one site, if you do a google you will find the demo pretty much everywhere.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_20769.shtml

Mobeer -> RE: Game VS the demo ? (2/19/2009 8:58:19 PM)

Thanks hadberz - I ended up buying the game anyway

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI