'Game runing in frames' issue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support

alexbraila -> 'Game runing in frames' issue (12/9/2008 12:32:08 PM)

Hi,

I read that the CPU requirement for HG is somewhere around 2000 GHz. I have an old computer, based on an Athlon XP 2200+, but it seemed acceptable for playing the game.
However, for large maps, while not in combat (i.e. real-time mode), the game runs in frames. Moreover, when I issue commands to the mercs, it takes a few seconds for them to start executing them. When there is a battle in progress, the games runs just fine. At first I thought this is due to my ancient graphics card (NVidia 6600 GT), but two things tend to contradict this thought:
1. I changed the video settings to the lowest values and the game runs in the same manner. Even at maximum zoom-in, in order to show as little of the map as possible, I have the same issue
2. After killing the last of the enemies, the game runs perfectly smoothly. Even on maximum detail and zoom out, it goes smoothly.
So I think this is due to the AI (i.e. the processing power required by the CPU to 'think' the enemy moves).

Has anyone else faced this issue ?

Erik Rutins -> RE: 'Game runing in frames' issue (12/9/2008 12:46:06 PM)

Could you post a DxDiag? We tested this game on an Athlon XP 2000 among others and it worked fine there.

Artmiser -> RE: 'Game runing in frames' issue (12/9/2008 4:41:37 PM)

it happens because of the enemys moving out of sight, bogs the game down.  Once the turn based starts or the enemy are dead it runs fine.

alexbraila -> RE: 'Game runing in frames' issue (12/9/2008 5:37:43 PM)

Here is the dxdiag file

alexbraila -> RE: 'Game runing in frames' issue (12/12/2008 9:22:49 AM)

You are right, Artmiser. I have noticed that when you enter the map there is no such issue. After the first battle, if some enemies run out of sight, it will happen. Even after all of them eventually die, it will still be there.

kingstorm -> RE: 'Game runing in frames' issue (12/14/2008 4:44:50 AM)

hey boys, I think it is not the problem of CPU or graphic card, I have found that the running priority of the game.exe in task manager is always low. Even I tune it to high, it return to low after the game run. Can I do any thing to solve it ?

Erik Rutins -> RE: 'Game runing in frames' issue (12/14/2008 10:32:55 PM)

The only issue I can see is your audio driver, which is from 2006. Can you try updating that to see if it smooths things out for you?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI