In Withdrawl!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

Brockleigh -> In Withdrawl!!! (12/10/2008 2:24:38 PM)

Hey folks,

So my computer is toast. Either something very funky has happened, or one of the tunes I Limewired (legal in Canada, for now) had a virus on it and smoked my PC bad. Now it won't boot up unless I constantly click my mouse button until the login screen, and then locks up whenever I try to execute an application. This has been going on for about six weeks now.

So suffice it to say, I haven't been able to play Maximum Football and it's killing me. I didn't get a chance to do my MaxFB Grey Cup prediction, and I wanted to kick into gear the Canadian Indoor League I was setting up before it died.

AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHH!

Hopefully I can get a new PC after Christmas, 'cause this is killing me.

Mykal -> RE: In Withdrawl!!! (12/10/2008 9:00:34 PM)

Cripes Buddy, I know just how ya feel

nice to see ya post again,
thought we'd lost lost you along with all the others that jumped after updates stopped.

Brockleigh -> RE: In Withdrawl!!! (12/11/2008 6:18:29 PM)

Nawww, I'm in it for the long haul. I had even started doing an indoor playbook, but that went by the wayside, and it's doubtful those files can be salvaged.

Anyone else come across or hear about the type of problem/virus I'm having? I've got most of the files on the PC backed up onto an external, so all is not completely lost, but I'd hate to lose whatever I had on my computer since the last file dump.

Mykal -> RE: In Withdrawl!!! (12/11/2008 6:40:18 PM)

Have you tried booting up in Safe mode buddy
sometimes that works for this kinda problem
and may give ya the chance you need to recover (otherwise) lost data,

after that you could re-format, and be rid of the virus

give it a shot Bro, you never know

sounds to me like the problem isnt a virus
but a virus that has been removed by virus software and incorrectly done
some viruses encrypt the MBR so removing the virus leaves your PC - well kinda like yours is now

Brockleigh -> RE: In Withdrawl!!! (12/11/2008 7:05:43 PM)

Oh, I've tried in Safe mode, which only seems to delay the act of freezing by about 2 minutes.. My next step is a system restore, if the PC will let me get that far.

The PC is a hand-me-down, and I don't think the original owner has the Windows disk, so a reformat isn't much of an option. Besides if I'm going to start from Go again, I might as well start with new equipment.

garysorrell -> RE: In Withdrawl!!! (12/11/2008 11:56:34 PM)

Computers are fairly cheap now. I saw a great rig at Staples yesterday for less than $400.

I know that hardcore gamers probably couldnt get by with that, but I know that if you add in a good video card, it would be a smokin system for MaxFB.

Im about to take a 2nd HD out of my current PC and add it to a gutted Acer Aspire E360 I grabbed at work. My WinXP came in the mail today from Tiger Direct. Im hoping I dont stay up all night thinking I should have left it in the trash.

Brockleigh -> RE: In Withdrawl!!! (12/17/2008 4:15:51 PM)

I've been looking at new PC's specifically with their ability to handle Maximum Football and SimCity4. My wife couldn't possibly care less what it could handle, so the specs are completely up to me. I bought the graphics card in my old tower with MaxFB in mind, so we should be good in that regard.

There have been a number of small systems in the stores around here for between three and five bills, and TigerDirect has a couple of off-lease crates for under $300.

Mykal -> RE: In Withdrawl!!! (12/17/2008 4:22:52 PM)

Well thank your lucky stars you aint from the UK Bro
my new pc actually coss £933 which you can more or less double to convert it to dollars
which is a huge cost compared to prices over on your side of the pond

now I appreciate I did go top end on spec and stuff........... but cripes
it really hurt my wallet and took a good few months to save for.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI