Help with aircarft, artillery, and OOB's (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Sturmpionier -> Help with aircarft, artillery, and OOB's (4/30/2002 12:52:02 AM)

Hi all,
I haven't been on the forum in so long I had to get a new account.

I have a few questions for a campaign I am creating, so if anyone can answer them or point to a post that answers them that would be great.

1) I am trying to add organic air support to a German campaign. Is there any way to have air units (Ju-87 and 88) available for a core force? I have tried a few methods, but none have worked that well.

2) I would also like to make on board howitzers (105 and 150) available for a core force from the core buy menu. Specifically, I was trying to create an artillery battalion with all the structures of command (HQ and batteries etc) but nothing has really worked. I have my 150's and 105's OOB to where other units can be upgraded to them, but not bought right from the start.

3) I fear I have fiddled with my OOB too much. Now when I buy things in the core force screen for campaigns, all kinds of screwy things happen. Usually, my MMG 34's will turn red after one unit is purchased along with my 251 halftracks. The problem is random. Sometimes units red out, sometimes they don't. I think that I have mostly fixed the bug by fixing all my "attempted remedies" for questions 1) and 2) but I wanted to be sure.

Any info, link, or FAQ would be great!

Thanks,
Jay

troopie -> (4/30/2002 5:33:35 AM)

To answer your question #1. No, you can't buy or upgrade to organic air units in your core force. I've tried.

Question #2. You can make onboard 105 and 150mm howitzers with the OOB editor.

Question #3. You have true troop cost/rarity on in your preferences. Some common units are redded out as being 'unavailable'.

troopie

Belisarius -> (4/30/2002 6:33:22 AM)

As for #1: It's not realistic or accurate in any way to provide a unit with organic air support. Didn't exist 60 years ago, doesn't exist today, (with a few exceptions...humm...Air Cav comes to mind).

Total control of air assignment is beyond the scope of SPWAW, if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Sturmpionier -> (4/30/2002 7:16:02 PM)

Thanks for the help. Actually, I have figured out #'s 1 and 3. To add organic air you just have to alter the units in an existing air formation. For instance, I just changed my DFS gliders in the OOB to Ju-88's. That did the trick. I went and bought them, played a battle and they stayed around for future battles. Not historically correct, but I am not making an historically correct campaign.

The rarity option worked great for #3.

I can make on board artillery units, or at least upgrade units to FH after the first battle, but I can't figure out how to make a formation (battery, battalion) available in the core force buy screen. I tried adding them to the Inf-Gun Sec in my OOB, but with limited success. I would really like to create some scenarios not only with German artillery parks, but with Allied as well. Oh well, perhaps some more fiddling will help.

Thanks,

Jay

Steve Wilcox -> (4/30/2002 11:03:10 PM)

With the Germans there will be a "Howitzer Bat" available for purchase for your Core forces under Artillery. First use the OOB Editor to change the availability dates (for Units) for the desired _single_ guns from "December 49 to 49" to ones that match the dates for the Arty Bty of that type and you'll be able to buy full 4 gun batteries of 150s or whatever you desire (the default only allows 75s). :)

Sturmpionier -> (4/30/2002 11:52:22 PM)

Hooray!

Thanks to Troopie and Steve I now have all three of my problems working (well my Ju-88 sections mostly work.) Now I can get back to scenario editing.

Danke,

Jay

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI