"Europe Aflame" (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Michael the Pole -> "Europe Aflame" (1/3/2009 2:16:42 AM)

I just purchased at a garage sale ($2.00 along with an unopened 1:48 scale Monogram F-102 Delta Dart kit) a board game called "Europe Aflame." It reminds me a great deal of some of the early Avalon Hill games in that it has die cut counters and a hard mounted map (playing board.) A very cursory examination immediately reminded me of what I have learned about TWIF from this board.
Is anyone familiar with "Europe Aflame," does it have any significant collectors value, and is it any relation to any of the WIF modules?

Orm -> RE: "Europe Aflame" (1/3/2009 5:32:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael the Pole

I just purchased at a garage sale ($2.00 along with an unopened 1:48 scale Monogram F-102 Delta Dart kit) a board game called "Europe Aflame." It reminds me a great deal of some of the early Avalon Hill games in that it has die cut counters and a hard mounted map (playing board.) A very cursory examination immediately reminded me of what I have learned about TWIF from this board.
Is anyone familiar with "Europe Aflame," does it have any significant collectors value, and is it any relation to any of the WIF modules?

I do recall having "Europe Aflame" stored somewhere. I bought it to have a fast paced WWII game to play with when we didn't have the time to play WIF. Unfortunately it did not meet our expectations. After playing it once with my group it went to storage not to be opened since. I think that with some work on the rules (if there isn't an update already on the internet) might make it playable. In my memory it resembles the game "Axis & Allies" alot. But where "Europe Aflame" failed to make us interested we found alot of fun with Axis & Allies.

It has no relation whatsoever to any of the WIF modules.

-Orm

Michael the Pole -> RE: "Europe Aflame" (1/3/2009 7:14:37 AM)

Thanks a lot Orm![&o]  Nothing like the internet for instant gratification.

HansHafen -> RE: "Europe Aflame" (1/4/2009 6:29:44 AM)

Also check www.boargamegeek.com or www.grognards.com for excellent reviews of games and photos of the box and contents.

Anendrue -> RE: "Europe Aflame" (1/4/2009 7:17:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansHafen

Also check www.boargamegeek.com or www.grognards.com for excellent reviews of games and photos of the box and contents.

Two of my favorite places.

fiveof6 -> RE: "Europe Aflame" (1/4/2009 8:19:20 PM)

I liked your link to gronards. It led me to a French Rugby Team with a picture of an oversized mug of beer!

Then I tried http://www.grognard.com/ which led me to the one you intended. Thanks for the laugh.

Kevin

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI