Settings (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support

coachtrox -> Settings (1/5/2009 9:01:11 AM)

How can video settings, etc. be altered/accessed? I see no 'options' menu...
Also, each play starts off like slow motion and then accelerates after a couple of seconds...normal?

Tullius -> RE: Settings (1/5/2009 10:00:38 AM)

You have to do it before a game starts. You will see the option screen.

coachtrox -> RE: Settings (1/5/2009 12:53:19 PM)

Ahh, I see. Very dumb of me.
Still have the issue of variable-speed action on the field, though....

Mykal -> RE: Settings (1/5/2009 1:07:19 PM)

that could be down to PC ability
or stuff on your machine running in the background

garysorrell -> RE: Settings (1/5/2009 3:42:00 PM)

Maximum Football is a resource hog....it needs ram, good video card, and nothing else running in the background.

Marauders -> RE: Settings (1/5/2009 8:07:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

Maximum Football is a resource hog....it needs ram, good video card, and nothing else running in the background.

A more compact gaming engine would have helped.

Maximum Football on Relic's Essence Engine would have been great.

mudrick -> RE: Settings (1/6/2009 4:14:04 PM)

I think he is talking about the actual player going from a stand still position to top speed.

It is normal for a new league or a young player that is not that good.  If you just started the league most of the players will do this.  This was my experience.

First few seasons they were not catching a lot of kickoffs or punts, and when they did, they never really got a chance to return them since they started off too slow.  They would never return fumbles or INT's for TD's either.  Again, too slow accelerating.

Right now, in my 6th season they do all of those things with regularity.  I think it started around the 4th season.  The game changes a lot as the players improve.

DreamTeams -> RE: Settings (1/7/2009 7:15:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mudrick

I think he is talking about the actual player going from a stand still position to top speed.

It is normal for a new league or a young player that is not that good.  If you just started the league most of the players will do this.  This was my experience.

First few seasons they were not catching a lot of kickoffs or punts, and when they did, they never really got a chance to return them since they started off too slow.  They would never return fumbles or INT's for TD's either.  Again, too slow accelerating.

Right now, in my 6th season they do all of those things with regularity.  I think it started around the 4th season.  The game changes a lot as the players improve.

mudrick,

You've actually seen interceptions returned for a TD?

My league is in it's 6th season and I've never seen that. Several of us concluded that it's because usually the guy is tackled immdiately after the pick. Were you able to tweak something in your constants in order to get TD interception returns? That would be great.

mudrick -> RE: Settings (1/8/2009 4:21:12 AM)

I'll be a bit more specific.  Most of the times the guy making the INT is tacked on the spot.  But when he is not, on occasion he returns it.  I am also in my 6th season and I have seen it twice only.  Both times the DB was not near the WR.  The rare INT where the DB is in between the QB and WR and he picks it off.  At first it looks like an easy completion but the DB intercepts it long before it gets to the WR.  But in prior seasons the players were not quick enough to build up enough speed to get the TD.

I have not tweaked anything.

rcleslie -> RE: Settings (1/9/2009 12:31:44 AM)

Does this mean that if I am trying to simulate a college conference in which no player plays for more than four seasons that the players may never reach their "potential"?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI