Multiplayer HELL (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein

Derouin -> Multiplayer HELL (1/7/2009 9:51:59 PM)

So this evening I attempted to play this game as well as cross of iron with another human.

Epic fail.

I installed a thrid party software package Battle HQ, and I successfully played someone many weeks ago.

I met someone on Battle HQ and we attempted in vain, for 30 minutes to try and play WAR and COI. He couldn't find my TCP hosted game on WAR. When we tried COI, I found that 3/4 of the multiplayer screen within the game was darkened and thus inactive for me to select any options. YAY!

Before this, in Battle HQ I had to go through the ridiculous process of selecting the launch pathe of the exe file etc etc etc.

We even had to cut and past IP addresses.

So he told me about yet another third party software package named Hamachi or something. I downloaded and installed that. That did not work as yet again, 3/4 of the COI multiplayer screen was darkened and thus inactive for any selection.

This is ridiculous.

We are not stuck in 1997. It is not 1997.

When I play any current game, multiplayer is simple. Very simple to do.

Why on earth is this so difficult?

I was going to purchase Modern Tactics, but there is no way anymore. This is such an antiquated multiplayer system. Forget about improving AI, 3D modeling, terrain values, in-game tactical options.

IMPROVE THE MULTIPLAYER FUNCTIONALITY.

"Oh, Derouin, you are just an idiot with the computer! Man, get a clue"-- NO. I am more than capable of getting moderately difficult things done with computers. This is complete nonsense.

Jonathan Pollard -> RE: Multiplayer HELL (1/10/2009 1:12:17 AM)

Did both of you have the same patch? If not, you won't be able to play and there will be no notification for the reason.

A few times I encountered an opponent that was able to host but not play as client and vice versa.

Maxy -> RE: Multiplayer HELL (1/10/2009 9:52:21 AM)

I must say I've never encountered any problems playing H2H in Coi nor in War. It works like a charm.

Moss Orleni -> RE: Multiplayer HELL (1/10/2009 6:28:50 PM)

I have to say: me neither. Played close to 90 H2H battles now, never had any connection issue, and less than 5 CTDs (which I find very reasonable).

Moss

e_barkmann -> RE: Multiplayer HELL (1/10/2009 10:34:15 PM)

works fine. Problem exists between chair and keyboard :)

Q.M -> RE: Multiplayer HELL (1/10/2009 10:46:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

Classic, just what I needed on a Sunday morning, coffee all over my keyboard.[:D]

Stwa -> RE: Multiplayer HELL (1/11/2009 1:49:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

Indeed! [:D]

Sinferis -> RE: Multiplayer HELL (1/12/2009 11:26:39 AM)

Seems to work perfectly for me, maybe the problem occures times to times only! ^^

kojusoki1 -> RE: Multiplayer HELL (1/12/2009 11:35:16 PM)

we had many many problems when the inet connections was bad. The better connection, the less problems...
Seems game can be not too well optimized... Just a thought... Certainly it needs more time to load then CCV

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI