Any tips with deployment zones? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns

pops -> Any tips with deployment zones? (5/1/2002 8:56:37 PM)

I try to edit the deployment zones but it seems quite haphazard and flaky.......can you delete the dployment flags? I try to place zones but there is always the flags running north-south no matter what I so......I've seen some maps with zones that are not like this but I seem to have no luck......any help would be much appreciated.
thanks

PS what I'd really like to do is have Allies on the bottom of the map........

Belisarius -> (5/2/2002 2:23:59 AM)

I'm not too experienced with scenario design, but the deployment zones always run top-bottom in the map. What you can do is to extend the Allied Zone in the bottom so it extends further out into the map, thus allowing Allied troops to be deployed there.

Orzel Bialy -> (5/2/2002 2:37:26 AM)

pops,
the way I handled this in the Tarawa scenarios (where the Marines were to start out along the top only) was like this:
If the target army "side" is on the left in the deployment phase and you want to deploy those troops along the length of the bottom then put the start flags for the target army all the way over to the right edge...maybe like four or five hexes up from the bottom. Then put the rest of the target side flags along the left side of the map, all the way to the top.
This will allow you to deploy along the entire length of the bottom of the map, but only for as high as the number of flags you station along the right hand side ( 5 in this example ).
Anyway, that is how I have done it in a couple scenarios and it has always worked well for me. Hope this helps.

pops -> (5/2/2002 8:35:08 PM)

....thanks this may well be the answer....

Orzel Bialy -> (5/2/2002 9:23:33 PM)

Pops,
Your welcome. Let me know if that solved your problems.
I know its a pain getting things to work "just right" when you undertake a project ( Tarawa for me ) and aren't sure how all these scenario and campaign masters have pulled it off! :D
Glad I could assist.

pops -> (5/3/2002 9:45:43 AM)

....thanks ...I haven't tested it real thourougly because I'm still making the map....but preliminary tests look good...I think it's done it........and yes it looks like there are a lot of tricks one needs to know to get things to work.....but no complaints here.....what a great program for free....!

Orzel Bialy -> (5/3/2002 10:22:11 AM)

pops,
Couldn't agree with you more. :) Enough said!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI