game.exe crash (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support

bugs -> game.exe crash (1/12/2009 2:48:53 PM)

hi, any ETA on a fix for the hugely annoying game.exe crash message when quick loading a game during combat OR when done witha battle field and load out of the map.

specs: winxp32-sp3, coreduo 6420, 4gig-800, 8800gts, sb24bit-se.

game version 1.007.001

SlickWilhelm -> RE: game.exe crash (1/12/2009 4:25:23 PM)

I got my first crash last night during a combat phase, after clicking enter to end my turn. I've never seen that happen before. I still have to dig up the .dmp file for Sean to take a peek at.

SeanD -> RE: game.exe crash (1/12/2009 7:06:59 PM)

This issue is on the bug list and the developers are looking into it. This type of bug is difficult to reproduce reliably which makes fixing it a challenge but we are nevertheless on it. When I have an ETA on the next update I will share it with everyone.

SlickWilhelm -> RE: game.exe crash (1/12/2009 8:25:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeanD

This issue is on the bug list and the developers are looking into it. This type of bug is difficult to reproduce reliably which makes fixing it a challenge but we are nevertheless on it. When I have an ETA on the next update I will share it with everyone.

Sean, did you want anymore .dmp files then, or do you have enough?

bugs -> RE: game.exe crash (1/13/2009 9:12:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeanD

Thank you for the responds. looking forward to it. The game is nice, not perfect but still nice :)

btw if you want a *.DMP file (renamed so i can actuelly send it to you) let me know ;)

edit2: iam playing at 1680 * 1050 (in case its resolution related)

SeanD -> RE: game.exe crash (1/13/2009 5:19:58 PM)

quote:

iam playing at 1680 * 1050 (in case its resolution related)

Have you tried turning that down? That seems a bit high and an unorthodox resolution and that may very well have something to do with it.

Reinforce -> RE: game.exe crash (1/13/2009 6:29:08 PM)

1680 * 1050 is the same res I use. It's for a 16:10 widescreen monitor, In my case it's a 22" I've never had any crashs due to it.

Much love,
Reinforce

SlickWilhelm -> RE: game.exe crash (1/13/2009 9:34:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reinforce

1680 * 1050 is the same res I use. It's for a 16:10 widescreen monitor, In my case it's a 22" I've never had any crashs due to it.

Much love,
Reinforce

I'm running the same resolution on a 22" widescreen monitor, too. I don't think this is the reason. There's nothing "unorthodox" about that resolution that I've ever heard of. In fact, since it's the native resolution of my monitor, I'd probably have more crashes if I were using a different resolution.

I've had more consistent crashes since I installed reinforced's mod, so I've reverted back to my original 1.07.001 install without mods to see if this makes things better.

SlickWilhelm -> RE: game.exe crash (1/14/2009 8:54:12 PM)

For what it's worth, after un-modding the game and going back to stock 1.07.001, I haven't had a single crash. Do any of you guys have Reinforced's mod installed, by chance? It would be interesting to see if anyone else who does and has been experiencing crashes, could duplicate my experience. 

bugs -> RE: game.exe crash (1/18/2009 11:11:47 AM)

There's nothing "unorthodox" about that resolution indeed. its a common res on a widescreeen 20 - 23 inch. LCD.

no modes installed here wilhelm. just using the one patch.
useally the crash starts after some time. guess its a mem leak or something.

what driver for the GPU are you using. since you dont crash and i still do. iam using 180.48_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_whql

mm regarding the crash, perhaps the amount of ram has to do with it?.
got 4 gig in winXP. (only 3 is being used due to XP)

SlickWilhelm -> RE: game.exe crash (1/19/2009 5:39:57 PM)

bugs, I agree about the possibility of a memory leak. In fact, I'd almost bet on it. My game performance gets more flaky the longer I leave it running, especially if I leave it running for hours then come back to it.

I'm using an ATI Radeon 3850. Not sure of the driver level....I'm at work and can't check.

Edgewise -> RE: game.exe crash (1/19/2009 6:45:08 PM)

I'm reluctant to post this because I have little usefull info, but maybe it will mean something to you guys.  I've had alot of CTD's that have few similarities.  They've come on different maps, under different conditions, and while the game seemed to be running smooth or choppy.  Most however seemed to happen right as I clicked on something.

bugs -> RE: game.exe crash (1/27/2009 6:09:48 PM)

found one solution kinda to lower the chance of crash and slowdowns on the battle field.
put SHADOW NOT on MAX but one setting below.

the crashing frequentcy is now halfed.

my next problem is that one map is not playable anymore. when my merc are placed it crashes and i cant ecnter my laptop/journal either since that crashes too.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI