Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Erik Rutins -> Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/14/2009 6:52:02 PM)

http://www.reuters.com/article/email/idUSTRE4BI63O20081221

So there's health food, does this make us "health gaming"? [8D]

vonRocko -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/14/2009 7:06:41 PM)

Now I can tell my wife it is "exercise"   [sm=00000622.gif]

leastonh1 -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/14/2009 7:08:56 PM)

Excellent! Maybe I'm only 40, but I can still pull that one out of the bag every time Mrs Jim tells me to pay her some attention. I'll tell her Erik Rutins said it's healthier to play Matrix games![sm=terms.gif][sm=scared0018.gif]

Grell -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/14/2009 7:52:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Now I can tell my wife it is "excersize"   [sm=00000622.gif]

LOL! Hehe!

That's brilliant!

Regards,

Grell

V22 Osprey -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/14/2009 11:33:58 PM)

Yes, I'm young, a smartass and already playing these kind of games......this means by the time I'm old I'll be a 'super' smartass.[:D]

sabre1 -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/15/2009 1:47:58 AM)

I love being able to justify my favorite vice.

Marauders -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/15/2009 2:47:06 AM)

Thanks, Erik, I will have to print this out for my wife to read.

[:)]

sol_invictus -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/15/2009 4:40:03 AM)

Rationalization is a beautiful thing.[sm=innocent0009.gif]

sabre1 -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/15/2009 5:05:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

Rationalization is a beautiful thing.[sm=innocent0009.gif]

That goes along with "perception is reality."

sterckxe -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/15/2009 7:47:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

http://www.reuters.com/article/email/idUSTRE4BI63O20081221

So there's health food, does this make us "health gaming"? [8D]

If you were a European company you'd probably get subsidies for creating those "healthy" games [;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Erik Rutins -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/15/2009 1:30:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe
If you were a European company you'd probably get subsidies for creating those "healthy" games [;)]

Hm, maybe we should open a "European Office" for our "brain therapy" line?

sol_invictus -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/15/2009 2:49:24 PM)

Just apply for TARP relief, everyone else seems to be.[sm=innocent0009.gif]

JudgeDredd -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/15/2009 3:36:48 PM)

40 adults over the period of a month? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! Scientists crack me up! [:D][:D]

Isn't it simply a fact that the mind is like any other part of the body...excerise does it good?

leastonh1 -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/15/2009 3:53:27 PM)

quote:

ROFL! That's the funniest post I've seen in months. Thanks Eddy!!![&o]

Yes, if it's anything like our farmers, Matrix would probably get subsidised by the European Commission to produce empty boxes or CD's containing no data. We'd end up with a wargame mountain [:D]

Yogi the Great -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/15/2009 3:54:22 PM)

I'm glad it is "strategy-heavy" games that are good for you.

The alledged great exercise of Wii games will probably kill me.  Got a Wii for Christmas from my mother-in-law (actually my wife wanted the game)  Pretty sad how sore you can get.  They even had a spot on the news about the new medical problem Wii-itis the other night.  Doctors seeing lots of injuries because of the game.

Of course if I was a bit paranoid, let's see, mother-in-law and wife get this game for me - maybe they are trying to kill me. [sm=00000116.gif]

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/15/2009 8:02:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Hm, maybe we should open a "European Office" for our "brain therapy" line?

Nice idea......

Motomouse -> RE: Strategy-Heavy Video Games help the Aging Brain (1/16/2009 1:49:34 PM)

Erik,

Thanks for the hint, already printed the article for my wife. Probably she will be not amused.

Come on, fullfill my dream, get some HPS products on your catalogue and you will make a lot of money out of this and me. Or alternativly release Battle of the Bulge or the Musket Game. This is an opportunity you should not miss! (I nearly own the rest of your stock already, thats why I have got all brainsīnīgames and no money in my pocket)

Regards
Motomouth

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI