Disappearing Holy Relic (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3

BP -> Disappearing Holy Relic (5/3/2002 9:24:31 PM)

I had two holy relics on the same ship and two systems with holy relic required artifacts. Looks straightforward. So, I go to the first system and retrieve artifact #1 no problem. I then head to the second system but when I get there my ship is out of holy relics! Maybe when one of these gets used it uses all of them on the ship?

Also, I keep getting money stolen and sabotage done by "unknown spy". I'm down to me and one other race in the game and this spy doesn't work for either of us (I don't think). Is this just some random thing that happens every now and then?

Nox Celeste -> (5/7/2002 6:12:44 AM)

I've had the same problem early on in the game. I pick up a relic with a scout, and it doesn't show up in the artifacts manifest; Tho, I can take it to the system that requires it, and it'll drop it off. Very odd.

Later in the game (or if I don't pick it up with a scout) the relics show up in the artifacts manifest. Really wierd.

madmax88 -> (5/7/2002 10:43:15 AM)

Make sure the artifact is not simply lower in the list of items you have. When you have too many items, you have to scroll down to see them all.

vrman -> relics (5/8/2002 2:04:53 AM)

Here is something I have run into.

I'll be playing along and find the planet with the Planet Killer artifact. All the AI and I have explored all the planets and there "supposedly" weren't any more relics to release the Planet Killer. (a good thing I suppose! :) ) But late in the game when I finally get down to the last AI opponent, he suddenly acquires the Planet Killer artifact!! It didn't help him any at that point, but my question is, why in the world didn't the AI who had the relic, grab that sucker up early in the game and use it when it might have made a difference?

madmax88 -> (5/8/2002 12:19:30 PM)

He probably had the relic, but didn't know where to return it. The AI needs to explore just a much as you do, he must have discovered that system late in the game... too late. ;)

Andrew Ewanchyna -> (5/9/2002 9:21:03 PM)

I know that there was a problem with having multiple relics on a ship and then using one and losing all of them, but I fixed that in version 1.2. Make sure you're running the lastest patch (check the intro screen for its version). It seems the installer tries to write the patch to the wrong directory, so who knows.

BP -> Wrong Patch? (5/10/2002 12:08:53 AM)

I downloaded the most recent patch, version 1.2 and installed it. However, when I'm in the game it still says version 1.1 so I'm confused. I also tried running the auto-updater and it told me I had the most recent version and no new updates were available. One other thing I found a bit confusing with the patch was that it put new icons in my SUDG folder but didn't delete the old ones so I had multiple pointers pointing to the same programs (which I deleted).

Erik Rutins -> Patch Installation... (5/10/2002 12:45:52 AM)

BP,

That means the patch was installed in the wrong directory. We've recently gone to a new TrueUpdate program to correct this problem, but unfortunately since STUN was one of our first games we'll just have to deal with it here for the time being.

The original 1.0 installation placed the game (by default) in:

c:\MatrixGames\St... etc.

The default 1.2 patch installation puts the patch in:

c:\Matrix Games\St... etc.

See the difference of a space? It's very easy to miss and I wish as much as anyone that we hadn't caused this confusion. Nevertheless, double and triple check. Chances are you now have a c:\MatrixGames\ folder and a c:\Matrix Games\ folder. I would suggest uninstalling the 1.2 patch, then reinstalling it and making sure you set the path to your original installation (c:\MatrixGames\.... etc. with no spaces).

Regards,

- Erik

BP -> I'll give it a try, thanks Erik! (5/10/2002 12:58:40 AM)

Will try it when I get home this evening. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI