Looking for a good age of sail game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Larac -> Looking for a good age of sail game (1/20/2009 11:36:33 PM)

Some thing that's fairly accurate and perhaps modable.

Any ideas would be great.

Lee

sabre1 -> RE: Looking for a good age of sail game (1/21/2009 1:03:33 AM)

There is Age of Sail from Matrix.  The only other one that pops to mind is Salvo from Shrapnel games.  I have not read good things about Salvo.

Shakespeare -> RE: Looking for a good age of sail game (1/21/2009 4:27:03 AM)

The Total War folks are coming out with Empire Total War. I believe it is due out in a couple months and it has added sea battles in addition to land battles. www.totalwar.com for more details.

Grell -> RE: Looking for a good age of sail game (1/21/2009 5:20:39 AM)

John Tiller's Battleground Napoleonics comes with Age of Sail.

Regards,

Grell

undercovergeek -> RE: Looking for a good age of sail game (1/21/2009 9:24:41 AM)

go feast your eyes on the new crown of glory game a few forums down - massive thread on the naval warfare aspect including luffing and all sorts of exciting naval features

sullafelix -> RE: Looking for a good age of sail game (1/21/2009 5:39:44 PM)

Age of Sail 2 privateers, most of the reported " problems " or anamolies were fixed in this version. Although JT's Battleground Napoleon is a steal at Matrix's price and an excellent series of battles. There is also a site that has almost every Napoleonic battle and a few more for good measure that are easily added to the game to give you hundreds of hours of game time.

Tanaka -> RE: Looking for a good age of sail game (1/21/2009 8:11:16 PM)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2006602

bradfordkay -> RE: Looking for a good age of sail game (1/21/2009 8:54:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sulla05

Age of Sail 2 privateers, most of the reported " problems " or anamolies were fixed in this version. Although JT's Battleground Napoleon is a steal at Matrix's price and an excellent series of battles. There is also a site that has almost every Napoleonic battle and a few more for good measure that are easily added to the game to give you hundreds of hours of game time.

AOS2 Privateers did NOT fix the worst bugs in AOS2. There is/was a game killing bug in that series where the smaller ship of two grappelled together would have its hull ground to dust. I am a sailor, so I tired all the tricks I know to bring my ship softly alongside the ship I was trying to capture, only to have my ship sink from under me to to "hull damage" from the ships grinding together.

The original Age of Sail game, which is the one Matrix has updated, did not have this problem.

Capitaine -> RE: Looking for a good age of sail game (1/21/2009 10:16:06 PM)

I second the advice to look at CoG:EE a few topics down.  That naval system looks to me to be very appealling from what I've read and seen so far.  You need a turn-based game for large naval battles... no way you could possibly control numerous ships effectively in real time (or have enjoyment doing so).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI