Force Morale Setting - Manual vs Game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein

Svend Karlson -> Force Morale Setting - Manual vs Game (1/25/2009 12:10:22 PM)

Hi, can anyone confirm something for me? The manual says the following about the Force Morale setting:

[image]local://upfiles/16141/539FF5A47E2043B5AC369C1B2A0C148A.jpg[/image]

Svend Karlson -> RE: Force Morale Setting - Manual vs Game (1/25/2009 12:12:59 PM)

Now when I am setting up a game, a check appears in the Force Morale box for Battles and no check appears in the Force Morale box for Operations & Campaigns.

Thinking that no check equaled "enabled" based upon the manual, I left this unchecked and started a Grand Campaign. I have not once seen a battle end due to Morale. This is making me think that the manual is misleading and that in fact Force Morale is disabled for Operations & Campaigns by default, perhaps contrary to the intent.

The screenshot excerpt below comes from a Campaign set up screen. Should I be checking the box to enable battles to end due to low morale when starting a campaign?

[image]local://upfiles/16141/C2FA9E15B9954D39A5F19C7BF6F42E29.jpg[/image]

[GD]Vernichter -> RE: Force Morale Setting - Manual vs Game (1/25/2009 2:11:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Svend Karlson

Should I be checking the box to enable battles to end due to low morale when starting a campaign?

Yes, you should...

Svend Karlson -> RE: Force Morale Setting - Manual vs Game (1/25/2009 3:05:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: [GD]Vernichter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Svend Karlson

Should I be checking the box to enable battles to end due to low morale when starting a campaign?

Yes, you should...

Thankyou :)

Tejszd -> RE: Force Morale Setting - Manual vs Game (1/25/2009 7:12:39 PM)

The manual is miss leading, I think those are the recommended settings NOT the default. The game seems to have whatever settings were last used as clicking on a battle or operation or campaign does not change what is selected.

RD_Knights_X -> RE: Force Morale Setting - Manual vs Game (1/28/2009 4:33:02 AM)

Hmm, sorry about that guys. I just checked it out and the default for a single battle is that morale is checked (in effect) and for campaigns/operations stays either checked or unchecked depending the last condition it was last set at. Thx Tejszd for jumping in here. And apologies for the confusion.

Based on the designer's Note in the Manual's margin, I woud have to agree that it is recommended that you enable morale fr campaigns and operations.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI