XP Install problems -old versions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

Staggerwing -> XP Install problems -old versions (1/26/2009 1:22:13 PM)

Hi all,
Waiting for this game made me drag out my old disks for both games and try to install them.
I had tried last year but gave up due to problems and now want to give it another shot. When
I try to install all I get is some cd drive noise and then nothing. I even tried to change the
compatibility of the installer to win95 and win98 (does that work on a file in a CD drive?)
and still nothing. I could swear that I was able to install a few years ago and I had XP then
as I do now. It is even the same computer. Could Service Pack 3 have something to do with it?
Any help would be appreciated (and, yes I did disable the AntiVirus and Spyware scanner [:)]).
Thanks,
-Erik

Dobey455 -> RE: XP Install problems -old versions (1/29/2009 3:49:42 AM)

I'm running original BTR on XP SP3 with no probs.

Weatherman -> RE: XP Install problems -old versions (2/1/2009 11:23:50 PM)

OK, tired of waiting, so I pulled out the old game - what about Vista 64 bit?  I get a nasty message with the setup file that it is uncompatable.  Tried changing the compatablity of the setup file to older versions, still doesn't like it. 

Time for a Manhatten project to wrap up the new game before we go too crazy.

"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future."

Hard Sarge -> RE: XP Install problems -old versions (2/1/2009 11:40:15 PM)

maybe Swift can help, he has it running on Vista

I know our game works well on Vista 64

hadberz -> RE: XP Install problems -old versions (2/2/2009 1:22:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Weatherman

OK, tired of waiting, so I pulled out the old game - what about Vista 64 bit?  I get a nasty message with the setup file that it is uncompatable.  Tried changing the compatablity of the setup file to older versions, still doesn't like it. 

The installer is 16 bit, so it will never run on Vista 64bit. The game though should be 32 bit and will have a chance of running.

I had this problem with Warlords 3 16bit installer, 32 bit game. The work around is to install the game on another computer with XP on it. Then use a thumb drive and copy the game over to Vista 64bit.I did this with Warlords 3 and the game works fine.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI