LAN sync problems in SPWaW 7.1. Plz help... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

DarkAngel_DK -> LAN sync problems in SPWaW 7.1. Plz help... (5/6/2002 2:06:35 PM)

...Hi my son and I played SPWaW 7.1 yeasterday and the game had some serious problems with the sync. There was no problem when we moved the units but when we started firing the sync got out of sync. The problems was slowdown between the different shots from the same unit, I saw the shooting on my pc before my son (when it was his turn!!!) and sometimes the sounds didn't play.

We played on a 10mbit network, PIII933 512mb WINME and PIII600 384mb WINXP PROF. The PIII933 was server.

We tried to make sure that our preferences was identical but to no avail.

Has anyone had the same problems?
Or do you have any idea what I/we could do to remove the problem.

This game ROCKS!

NB. If you want more info then don't hesitate to ask!

Capt Chris -> (5/6/2002 7:57:53 PM)

When you play a LAN game the sever's preferences, which affect gameplay, are loaded on the client. Some of the preferences don't matter ( music, show hexes, UI stuff ).

You are both running 7.1 right?

DarkAngel_DK -> (5/6/2002 8:05:28 PM)

Yep - totally fresh full version 7.1 installs.

DarkAngel_DK -> (5/7/2002 2:03:33 AM)

Ok now we tried, on the same network, the PIII933 512 WINME and a Laptop Celeron 400 or something. Same result.

Does it just work for all of you? Please answer....then I know where to start....

Cheers

Paul Vebber -> (5/7/2002 4:32:22 AM)

When you are on a LAN there may be issues using two different OS. Are you getting the same resuls on both machines - just out of synch (use CTRL-L to log teh combat results and compare)

IF you are getting the same results - then the synch problem is a result of one computer processing faster - no way to fix - If you are geting different results (it happens occasionally when there is a packet loss) but should be rare (especially on a Home LAN)

DarkAngel_DK -> (5/7/2002 2:00:49 PM)

Thanx for the info Paul. I will try it out!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI