Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

macgregor -> Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/9/2009 5:19:01 PM)

I've mentioned having trouble getting bio-ed to load acow executables. Now my ODD will no longer run. It just crashes. I've downloaded, uninstalled, and re-downloaded. I have acow104 installed as well as toawIII. I have a very ambitious project which I've already described. I'd like to get started right away. If someone could please help me get this stuff working properly, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Telumar -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/9/2009 9:23:34 PM)

I posted in an other thread about adding the 'A Century of warfare' Registration key to your PC's registry to get BioEd working properly. Well.. download the attached zip file, extract the file COW.REG to a directory of your choice, double-click the file and confirm the windows message with yes.

If you have TOAW3 installed to another directory than the default directory (C:/Matrixgames/The Operational Art of War III)it will not work.
If so, then let me know the path of the directory and i'll create a new file for you.

Btw, you're using XP or Vista?

Can't help you with ODD sadly.

EDIT: Again..read the article in the Manuals folder...[sm=00000030.gif]

macgregor -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/9/2009 9:31:08 PM)

okay thank you Telumar. I'll give it a shot.

Checked. It still is asking for \graphics.bmp files. Can I load these files separately or perhaps acow104.exe has to be in a certain folder.

Telumar -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/9/2009 11:24:16 PM)

Then..where have you installed toaw3? Hard disk (drive letter)/folder...the path to the TOAW III installation.

macgregor -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/11/2009 4:58:02 PM)

I had to clear out some malware and I think this is why ODD is crashing. What I probably need to do is completely uninstall it. Though it's not on the program list. Meanwhile I'm busy crunching numbers for these ships. This will be a new approach. I could explain but i think it would be best to give an example.
Queen Elizabeth Class(48) -5/5 -AP150 -Def800 -AA48
It's house rule enforced movement is (48)(for ETO, will be 24 in PTO)-until the patch hopefully. It has 5 hits, and will lose strength with each one suffered. I used the Warspite as my default model. If these values could be tweaked say, the AA value for Warspite was...more like 215, please let me know now as it will affect all my calculations. I may decide to subtract a certain amount from the defense strength for every hit, say 50, as it would allow more vulnerability. Any thoughts?

[image]local://upfiles/10934/5D9DF952CAB144F49F857C8F4B49ECD0.jpg[/image]

PDiFolco -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/19/2009 10:28:07 AM)

I have problems too :
BioEd is asking for a TOAW exe, but TOAW3.exe isn't accepted, how can it work with the new version ?
ODD launches, but when I load a scenario dump I just get the "basic" scenario info loaded, no units, no events ...Did I miss stg ? Version problem ?[&:]

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/19/2009 4:47:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PDiFolco

I have problems too :
BioEd is asking for a TOAW exe, but TOAW3.exe isn't accepted, how can it work with the new version ?

Read the article in the Manuals folder.

PDiFolco -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/19/2009 5:18:14 PM)

The article isn't enough, there is a dead link to Bioed and ACOW exe shipped together, now I only have BioEd alone...

Silvanski -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/19/2009 6:05:15 PM)

ACoW 1.04 exe can be found here

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/yves.lr/Bioed/v104files.zip

Telumar -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/19/2009 6:12:24 PM)

Maybe someone of the beta team (you, Bob?) or Ralph should ask Matrix about the Century of Warfare .exe. It could be made available for download in the members section here at Matrix.

In the meantime, everyone in need may leave his e-mail address for receiving the .exe. :)

BioEd (and ODD v.4) is available at the download section over at gamesquad.com since some weeks.

EDIT: There's also a workaround for the missing exe. Download any modified COW scenario from Rugged defence - these scenarios contain a modified ACOW exe and should be able to open with BioEd. For those who want the original values maybe take the A bridge too far scenario by Erik Nygaard. There are only some modifications with artillery ranges in that .exe.

EDIT 2: Silvanski beat me by a few minutes, but hey, there are the .exes! :)

PDiFolco -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/19/2009 7:39:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

ACoW 1.04 exe can be found here

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/yves.lr/Bioed/v104files.zip

Yep, it works now ! [:)] Thx a lot ![&o]

macgregor -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/19/2009 10:13:25 PM)

Now I'm jealous. What am I doing wrong? I've explained the problem. I just tried the 2 files Silvain posted AND the 'Bridge too far' exes and I get the samr thing; a bunch of 'file not found' messages relating to \graphics.bmp files while loading. Upon trying to open up a unit category, I get 2 more 'file not found' messages and the categories will not open to their corresponding weapons. I run XP SP3. WTF?

Silvanski -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/20/2009 1:23:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: macgregor

a bunch of 'file not found' messages relating to \graphics.bmp files while loading.

This may be related to the path BiEd needs to find those files
You set up a register value for BioEd?

macgregor -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/20/2009 8:58:07 PM)

No. How would I do that?

Telumar -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/20/2009 9:03:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: macgregor

No. How would I do that?

Second post in this thread..

Raindem -> RE: Neither ODD nor Bio-ed is working (2/21/2009 2:24:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PDiFolco
ODD launches, but when I load a scenario dump I just get the "basic" scenario info loaded, no units, no events ...Did I miss stg ? Version problem ?[&:]

That is the way it is supposed to work. The scenario dump only imports calendar and basic scenario data. To load events you must import the event XML file. To load the OOB you must import the OOB XML file. And if you want to use a modified equipment file you must load that as well.

Once all those components are loaded into ODD then they will all be saved together in your project file.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI