score bug in MCNA (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

tomaszp -> score bug in MCNA (5/10/2002 2:15:15 AM)

I've just encountered a small bug in MCNA, which might have already been noticed, but i didn't read any post about it.

I restarted my campaign and took a "Catch that train" mission".
I destroyed the train and the fuel depot and removed all my units through exit hexes. I only left A0. Then I quit the game to make a backup of my save game. When I started again I loaded a save game and I retreated my A0 and finished the mission. The score was a draw!!! I had barely 500 points. After few tries I figured that I didn't get any score for units retreated before restart. I only got 300 points for retreating A0 and 200 for victory hexes.

So here is my conclusion: The save game does not record the victory points you get for units you retreated so far.
So:

When you have a mission where you have to retreat your forces through exit hexes, remember that you have to finish your mission before you save and quit. Otherwise you will loose the victory points you received for already retreated units.

This bug is quite irrelevant (especially when you know about it) so it's not worth to bother to correct it. Matrix guys have more serious work to do (CL and CC). So I just want to inform all players beginning MC's.

Regards,
Tomek

Supervisor -> (5/10/2002 4:05:30 AM)

Interesting, I wasn't aware of this little quirk.

tomaszp -> (5/10/2002 5:46:41 AM)

There were several discussions about scoring problems in the first mission of MCNA. Maybe that was the reason.

Gmenfan, if you want to investigate I can send you my save file.

Regards,
Tomek

Supervisor -> (5/10/2002 6:54:22 AM)

Please do, I'm curious on what might of happened.

[EMAIL=gmenfan3@cox.net]Mike[/EMAIL]

Anthony_MatrixForum -> (5/10/2002 7:56:07 AM)

Yep - I reported this one to Paul V. a while back. I think your conclusions are right, it does not save score for units that use the exit hex (definite) or (less definite) per turn vps for victory hexs.

This means those scenarios have to be played in a single sitting......

AFAIK, this happens in any similar MCNA battle.......

See

[URL=http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8367]link to old thread[/URL]

Anthony

Eddie -> (5/10/2002 2:09:27 PM)

Hi,

I suffered the same thing while playing "saving our own" in MCNA.

I had to restart it and play it in a single sitting...

Regards,

Edu J. Glez

tomaszp -> (5/10/2002 3:46:28 PM)

This isn't serious problem for the missions with exit hexes. You can always wait and retreat units one or two turns before the end. But I'm worried about victory hexes which give you points for every turn you own them. You have to get them ASAP and hold them as long as possible. It means you have to play whole scenario in a single sitting and some of the battles a very loooong.
It might be quite serious for me because my fiancee's anger seems to double for every 30 minutes I spend playing computer games. "I am less important for you than your computer" and so on. :)

Regards,
Tomek

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI