Crash after loading (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

Cvetocek -> Crash after loading (2/14/2009 2:55:22 AM)

Hello,

I had FoF working on my PC under XP. My hard drive had a catastrophic failure. I got a new HD, and installed Vista Ultimate. I reinstalled FoF, with the setup program run as administrator. I installed flash and shockwave. When I run FoF, I get the two intro screens. I see the loading screen with the quote, and I hear the sound. Once the blue bar is at 100%, the screen flashes black, it looks like a window is closing very fast, and I get a CTD. All drivers recently installed with their latest versions. I tried running FoF with all available compatibility modes.

I do not have an .ini file. Please attach an .ini file to the response so I can see if that helps.

Help would be much appreciated. Great game!

Gil R. -> RE: Crash after loading (2/14/2009 3:13:06 AM)

Help is on the way, but it won't reach you until tomorrow at the earliest. (Since I can't handle this, I've just hit the metaphorical "Call Reinforcements" button...)

Cvetocek -> RE: Crash after loading (2/14/2009 1:04:40 PM)

Thanks Gil.  I found the solution this morning.  Originally, I had downloaded Flash and Shockwave via firefox.  The intro movie when dragged into firefox (a test suggested in another thread) worked, so I thought I was ok there.  This morning I decided to open the dreaded internet explorer and reinstall Flash and Shockwave.  That did the trick.

Thanks.

Gil R. -> RE: Crash after loading (2/14/2009 5:04:07 PM)

Great. I was pretty sure you were experiencing something others had before. I'm glad those threads helped.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI