What time today ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition

sabre100 -> What time today ? (2/24/2009 1:43:29 PM)

What time today will this game be out at? Come on it's tuesday and i know you guys have it done :)

Hard Sarge -> RE: What time today ? (2/24/2009 2:09:46 PM)

man there are a lot of you sabre's out there :)

last time I tried to speak up on something like this I got crewed out, SO, I not going to say anything on that

but I thought the idea was they should know soon when they could say when they thought it was going to be ready

moose1999 -> RE: What time today ? (2/24/2009 2:14:27 PM)

So, what you're saying, Sarge, is that the game will go gold on Monday?
That's great! I'll start spreading the news in gaming forums all over the internet immediately...!

Hard Sarge -> RE: What time today ? (2/24/2009 2:22:03 PM)

and that is why I got crewed out the last time

on my fourm, I don't even try to offer any hints

and

I am the dumbest, stupiedest, retardest person on the forum

so that said, it is not ready until it is on the front page saying it is ready, and even then it may not be ready :)

(I get yelled at, I going into hiding and not repling to anybody any more)

cdbeck -> RE: What time today ? (2/24/2009 2:49:57 PM)

Where is your forum?

And since you responded, I am going to take that as an unequivocal "yes, its ready, so give me your credit card number."

Here it is: 4532 7634 2748 2783

Please charge that to "Peter Njiri" of Kenya.

Hard Sarge -> RE: What time today ? (2/24/2009 3:57:49 PM)

LOL, look at the bottom of my post

I think I have gotten a couple of emails from you, a shame about my long lost Uncle and that plane crash

JudgeDredd -> RE: What time today ? (2/24/2009 11:19:57 PM)

What? Sarge said it's out on Monday? Woot! [sm=character0272.gif] Woot! [sm=character0272.gif]

Mus -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 1:47:01 AM)

The thing that sticks in my craw is knowing the release of the game is being delayed by the manual.

Since when does COG require a manual?

[:'(]

RedArgo -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 2:27:48 AM)

I'm waiting as impatiently as anyone, but I'll be glad to have a manual that isn't out of date by the time the game is released! (hopefully)[:)]
Bill

cdbeck -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 2:30:54 AM)

Actually... I hear it was the Seahorses (Cavalry that somehow ended up in a sea battle). Personally, I would have like to keep them in.

SoM

Gil R. -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 3:30:29 AM)

The manual will not be out of date, I guarantee you. The only significant addition is that we just added a map overlay intended to make it easier for players to keep track of their territorial goals. (In the original COG you had to go back and forth from the main map to a screen and then another screen to get this info. Now it's much more user-friendly.)

The best thing is that now that we've put an abridged version of the manual into the game as in-game help text that you access with the F1 key we'll be able to update it whenever we have a new patch. That new overlay, for example, is going to be in the help text.

Steely Glint -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 4:47:27 AM)

I'm still really looking forward to this game. [:'(]

moose1999 -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 9:49:50 AM)

Another map overlay, in-game manual... - I just can't wait for Monday...!!!!!!!

cdbeck -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 11:06:29 AM)

Wait, did you say you get an in-game manual with pressing the F1 key! [X(]

Wow, that just made my day! [&o]

SoM

hadberz -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 12:12:27 PM)

That is awesome, I wish all games did this. Will the help text be editable outside of the game, that would be nice to write notes in it.

Hard Sarge -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 12:41:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort

Wait, did you say you get an in-game manual with pressing the F1 key! [X(]

Wow, that just made my day! [&o]

SoM

it is very nice, and with in reason, easy to use

Fullervc -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 1:24:34 PM)

I guess being an old Cav Guy is working against me here...What is the expected timing of an announcement for the release? Y'all have done an excellent job of confusing me...

Thanks!

Erik Rutins -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 1:51:33 PM)

We're working on the gold master now, whether it will take another day or a week depends on how things go, but we're very close. After that would normally be the wait for physical production, but we're considering doing an asynchronous release and allowing the online release to precede the physical release (all options available on release, just a delay before physical copies are ready to ship). Any opinion on that from the audience? As long as you guys could order Digital + Physical to get the game right away by download while you wait for your boxed copy and printed manual to arrive, would you be happy?

Regards,

- Erik

Zer0_2121 -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 1:56:03 PM)

That would be wonderful Erik!

Fullervc -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 2:22:43 PM)

Thanks Erik! That type of release works for me.

sabre100 -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 2:51:31 PM)

Erik I like the release plans you laid out also, my vote is yes.  No reason to have customers who want the digital download version only wait until the phsycial comes in.  Also since you can order physical and download as well this will please every one.  You can get the download when ready and if you want the phsycial order that option so you can play right away and wait for your physical to come in.

cato13 -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 2:54:01 PM)

i plan on gettin EE online anyways so the quicker to better[:)] whats the chances of an online release before this weekend? the wait for empire total war is killin me.

also, has pricing been decided?

Steely Glint -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 3:36:08 PM)

^^^^

What he asked.

Steely Glint -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 3:37:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

We're working on the gold master now, whether it will take another day or a week depends on how things go, but we're very close. After that would normally be the wait for physical production, but we're considering doing an asynchronous release and allowing the online release to precede the physical release (all options available on release, just a delay before physical copies are ready to ship). Any opinion on that from the audience? As long as you guys could order Digital + Physical to get the game right away by download while you wait for your boxed copy and printed manual to arrive, would you be happy?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik, please, please, please do an asynchronous release. That would make me - and I would bet many others - extremely happy.

cdbeck -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 4:21:37 PM)

Asynchronous release is fine by me, I will be getting it digitally.

SoM

Banquet -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 4:34:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort

Asynchronous release is fine by me, I will be getting it digitally.

SoM

Me too

Gil R. -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 4:47:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hadberz

That is awesome, I wish all games did this. Will the help text be editable outside of the game, that would be nice to write notes in it.

Yes, it's in orderinary HTML files. I've been able to make changes with Dreamweaver just as if I'm using a word-processor.

Fullervc -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 4:49:46 PM)

Seems like my question earlier sparked some activity!  I guess it does pay to be an old Cav Guy!

Scouts out!

hadberz -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 5:07:15 PM)

Very nice, thanks Gil.

I will buy digitally, so the sooner the better. [:)]

Zer0_2121 -> RE: What time today ? (2/25/2009 5:22:51 PM)

Add me to the list of people who will pick up the game digitally as soon as it is available. [:D]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI