Game Speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold

New York Jets -> Game Speed (2/25/2009 3:47:18 PM)

I know this is an issue I have touched on before but, it still seems to be unresolved. I was having trouble getting the game to run in a reasonable speed (it was taking 50 minutes to go through the movement phase) and with the help of another member I thought I had it fixed.

The first turn, or so, it worked fine. The, I get to September 1914 and the movement execution becomes s-u-p-e-r s-l-o-w again.

Is this an issue with anyone else? If so, what can I do to correct this?

My system is not the issue as I have a 512MB video card and 4GB of RAM. Should I try running it in a different screen resolution or are there some other settings I can tweak to optimize performance?

I really like this game and would like to play it but, 50 minutes or so just to resolve movement seems a bit ridiculous.

vonRocko -> RE: Game Speed (2/26/2009 1:04:48 PM)

Hi Chris,
inthe game options screen, there is a slider for adjusting the movement speed of units. Try sliding it to the fast side and see if that helps.
Good luck

p.s. after rereading your post this might not be the problem,but it is worth a try.[;)]

New York Jets -> RE: Game Speed (2/26/2009 1:15:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Hi Chris,
inthe game options screen, there is a slider for adjusting the movement speed of units. Try sliding it to the fast side and see if that helps.
Good luck

p.s. after rereading your post this might not be the problem,but it is worth a try.[;)]

Already done.

Gray_Lensman -> RE: Game Speed (2/28/2009 8:26:42 AM)

How much working RAM do you have before running the game? Do you hear/observe a lot of hard drive access?

New York Jets -> RE: Game Speed (2/28/2009 3:32:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gray_Lensman

How much working RAM do you have before running the game? Do you hear/observe a lot of hard drive access?

Here's my stats.

2.13 GHz dual Core CPU, 4 GB RAM, 512 MB Geforce 7300 video card and 300 GB ard Drive with nearly half still available.

Gray_Lensman -> RE: Game Speed (3/1/2009 10:33:31 AM)

But how much "available" RAM do you have after everything is up and running?  You can generally find out by pressing <Ctrl> <Alt> <delete>... a box will pop up... click on the "Performance" tab and look down at the Physical Memory "Available" amount. This is a useful little tidbit of knowhow, to see if a program has a memory leak... The available memory will shrink significantly over time while you're running it.

You probably have enough RAM however unless you are loading down the your system with a bunch of background programs, in which case they could be hogging memory... Most likely though you have some out of date video drivers, even though your machine sounds up to date.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI