Blip Enhancers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare

Blacklight -> Blip Enhancers (3/9/2009 10:42:36 PM)

Blip enhancers should be removed from the sim. According to an article by Larry Bond in the latest Navel Sitrep, he had done some research and found out that blip enhancers were never actually deployed beyond the testing phase.
They were fitted to only a small handful of ships such as the ULQ-5 and on early model ULQ-6 deceptive ECM sets.
Larry Bond is removing all reference to Blip Enhancers from Harpoon.
If you want, I can scan the article for you.

hermanhum -> Harpoon (3/9/2009 10:47:41 PM)

No need to worry.  Although both HCE and ANW have Blip Enhance flags within their database structures, the capability was not introduced within the limitations of the game.  [:)]

CV32 -> RE: Blip Enhancers (3/9/2009 11:56:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blacklight
According to an article by Larry Bond in the latest Navel Sitrep ...

Navel Sitrep? [:D] [:'(] (Sorry, couldn't resist. [:)] )

Blacklight -> RE: Blip Enhancers (3/10/2009 12:18:03 AM)

The only reason I mentioned it was that I was reading through the Harpoon ANW manual pdf and ran accross it talking about some helicopters using them.
Thankfully it's not implemented so they don't have to be removed then.[:)]

CV32:  The Naval Sitrep is the official quarterly published journal for the Admiralty Series (Which includes the tabletop miniatures version of Harpoon).  It's published by Clash of Arms Games.  I assumed that since Harpoon III ANW uses those same rules sets in the background, that I'd make the article known.

CV32 -> RE: Blip Enhancers (3/10/2009 1:42:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blacklight
CV32:  The Naval Sitrep is the official quarterly published journal for the Admiralty Series (Which includes the tabletop miniatures version of Harpoon).  It's published by Clash of Arms Games.  I assumed that since Harpoon III ANW uses those same rules sets in the background, that I'd make the article known.

Blacklight, I'm well aware of the Naval Sitrep (and, for that matter, of the conclusion about the blip enhancers). The "Navel" Sitrep was, on the other hand, entirely new to me. [;)]

Blacklight -> RE: Blip Enhancers (3/10/2009 9:36:22 PM)

quote:

The "Navel" Sitrep was, on the other hand, entirely new to me.

Oh my god !  I didn't notice that !  ROFL ! [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI