Infantry and Assaults? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

AbsntMndedProf -> Infantry and Assaults? (5/15/2002 8:25:19 AM)

Is there any way to prevent an infantry unit from assaulting an AFV on its first round of shots when the AFV is one hex away? Many times I wish I could get an AT rifle or infantry unit to fire its weapons at a given target, rather than trying an assault, when I have it 'fire'. Thanks!

Eric Maietta

Goblin -> (5/15/2002 8:30:32 AM)

If it is your turn, yes. Use the target button to select the target, the use the 'C' button and choose then weapon you want to fire. No assault!

Goblin- A Goblin is kind;)

AbsntMndedProf -> (5/15/2002 9:11:26 AM)

Thanks Goblin!

Eric Maietta

Goblin -> (5/15/2002 9:55:02 AM)

10-4. I hate seeing a bazooka team close assault a vehicle at 4%, when he could have fired at 80%. I don't get it.

Goblin- A Goblin says shoot the thing:mad:

Capt. Pixel -> One shot - then Assault (5/15/2002 12:37:02 PM)

I've been trying a small variation with some success.
First I one-shot ('C' key) with the bazooka, then I press the assault on the next shot. This seems to improve the assault precentage.
This saves the AP rounds for later opportunities too, as assaults don't actually seem to use the ammo. The unit just has to have at least one round available to make an assault with that weapon. :rolleyes:

Jasper -> (5/15/2002 12:58:41 PM)

Assualt in SPWAW is represent in percent in which the assualt unit can totally destroyed the target.

When u can have 80% hit to a target, it does not ensure total destruction.

This is the how the game engine works, nothing much can be done.

Hope Combat leader would be better on that....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI