Two newbie questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

NickWright -> Two newbie questions (3/14/2009 11:23:48 PM)

I picked this game up a few days ago and I'm making progress in my first scenario, the Guadalcanal one. I've got a couple of things I'm not sure about, I was wondering if the people-who-know on this forum might help out?

Firstly, fatigue. I've got a USMC division sitting in the east of the Guadalcanal island. I've got plenty of support, plenty of supply and I've moved the HQ unit is in the same hex too, but they're not recovering at all. What effects fatigue and what should I be doing to get them fresh and ready for another invasion?

Secondly, I've been using the wonderful 'WitP Tracker' app I found on this forum. I'm very impressed, but I've had issues where it's been hanging (i've had to close it) and as a result I'm frequently loosing chunks of recorded turns. Could anybody offer any advice to improve it's stability (FWIW I've already increased the amount of memory available to the Java environment).

vettim89 -> RE: Two newbie questions (3/14/2009 11:33:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NickWright

I picked this game up a few days ago and I'm making progress in my first scenario, the Guadalcanal one. I've got a couple of things I'm not sure about, I was wondering if the people-who-know on this forum might help out?

Firstly, fatigue. I've got a USMC division sitting in the east of the Guadalcanal island. I've got plenty of support, plenty of supply and I've moved the HQ unit is in the same hex too, but they're not recovering at all. What effects fatigue and what should I be doing to get them fresh and ready for another invasion?

Secondly, I've been using the wonderful 'WitP Tracker' app I found on this forum. I'm very impressed, but I've had issues where it's been hanging (i've had to close it) and as a result I'm frequently loosing chunks of recorded turns. Could anybody offer any advice to improve it's stability (FWIW I've already increased the amount of memory available to the Java environment).

Your units aren't recovering fatigue because they are in a Malarial Zone hex. The only good news is your opponent (I assume the AI) is in the same boat. The only way you'll truly get the Marines built back up is to evac them to Noumea or Australia

floydg -> RE: Two newbie questions (3/15/2009 2:27:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NickWright

I assume the hanging is during the loading of a turn, right?
Which scenario are you playing? I think there were some issues with small-map scenarios.

Floyd

NickWright -> RE: Two newbie questions (3/15/2009 2:36:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

I assume the hanging is during the loading of a turn, right?
Which scenario are you playing? I think there were some issues with small-map scenarios.

Floyd

I'm playing the Guadalcanal scenario against the AI, it runs between August '42 and Feb '43. I can't remember the actual scenario number, but it's on of the smaller ones, yeah. If there are issues with the small scenarios then this isn't too bad as I can keep a mental track of what's going on, hopefully it'll all be okay when I get round to the 'grand campaign'.

It's been hanging when loading turns (occasionally). Typically during the 'comparing leaders' operation. But no big deal, it's a very nice bit of software regardless.

Thanks to vettim89, I've shifted the division out of the malarial hex and it seems to be improving!

Ambassador -> RE: Two newbie questions (3/15/2009 10:27:52 AM)

Nick, you should switch Tracker to a panel that does not change when you upload a new turn, it should reduce your freezes.  Like the Aircraft comparison panel.

NickWright -> RE: Two newbie questions (3/15/2009 11:30:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

Nick, you should switch Tracker to a panel that does not change when you upload a new turn, it should reduce your freezes.  Like the Aircraft comparison panel.

I'll try that. Thanks for the tip.

Rob Brennan UK -> RE: Two newbie questions (3/17/2009 5:16:58 AM)

Hi Nick , Welcome to a game that's a life eater :)

Grand campaign is very overwhelming so i am happy to see you start on Guadalcanal, welcome to the loonie bin that is witp forums [:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: Two newbie questions (3/17/2009 11:50:15 AM)

Welcome aboard, Nick!  [:)]

Edit: BTW, I always change Tracker to the Devices panel from the Alerts panel before loading a turn, and have had no more issues with turn loading hangs.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI