Vista 64 Update Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Charles2222 -> Vista 64 Update Problem (3/15/2009 11:42:39 PM)

I got one of those about a week ago. My guess is that it wrecked my sound system, as the sound was totally lost about that time. All the places I know to check the sound card show no problem. The monitor, where the sound should come from, makes a sound (a dull thud) that is common for switched off speakers (when I do so), so that definitely isn't the problem. I'm thinking of trying going to the OS version before that very recent update. Anybody know how I do that easily? I'm thinking it's one of the options off of or around the safe boot startup options. Is that correct, and do you have any other ideas, and have you had such a recent update and it did the exact same thing? I'm running off a HDTV generic monitor BTW. I think the monitor has caused some BSOD's in the past, but for the time being I'm willing to deal with that, and I haven't had any BSOD's in the time frame that the sound was lost and the update came out.

Charles2222 -> RE: Vista 64 Update Problem (3/17/2009 1:32:02 AM)

Case closed.

Charles2222 -> RE: Vista 64 Update Problem (3/17/2009 3:08:18 PM)

Actually not entirely closed. Here's something frustrating for those of you who ever really get a bad update of any sort. At least for Vista it is this way, but then I never had to back off an update with XP, and that is the backtracking is only good for directly after you did it. The next reboot and it will automatically reload that same update. There may be a way to turn auto-updates off, but I don't know of the way offhand. Good thing in my case though, the sound still works despite that. So probably what happened is I screwed up something else along with the update. I think I may had not fully let the first update load and didn't realize it. It can get a bit difficult to do it properly at times since it's trying to install when you're shutting down.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI