WaW Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

wick -> WaW Question (3/16/2009 12:17:45 AM)

Greatings All I have a question about WaW33d I am currently playing a pbem game as Japan and I can honestly say this game has been a strange one.
It is early winter 1940
Germany and Russia are at war which put China and Japan at war early ( no cards where played)
Russia declared war on Japan, played the card to make them go away
West declared war on Japan (Pacific blitz card still not played so US not in war for 3 more turns)
Russia declares war on Japan again and I have no card to make them go away.
So my question is what happens if Japan doesn't play the Pacific Blitz card? I realize that China wins but what exactly happens? Does the game end? Do the other nations continue to fight? What happens to Japan and it's china based army?

Thanks

Wick

explorer2 -> RE: WaW Question (3/16/2009 1:29:07 AM)

quote:

Germany and Russia are at war which put China and Japan at war early ( no cards where played)

When GE & SU go to war, however that happens, this automatically puts JA at war with China.

quote:

West declared war on Japan (Pacific blitz card still not played so US not in war for 3 more turns)

I don't know how that's possible. I really thought it wasn't. You sure some other mechanism isn't responsible for war?

quote:

So my question is what happens if Japan doesn't play the Pacific Blitz card? I realize that China wins but what exactly happens? Does the game end? Do the other nations continue to fight? What happens to Japan and it's china based army?)

I've never heard of that happening, so guess I'm not going to be of any help to you.
Please keep us posted what you discover, both about how JA can be at war with West without using the Blitz card, and what happens exactly if they don't play the card.

Good luck!

wick -> RE: WaW Question (3/16/2009 4:11:28 AM)

Thanks explorer2

The GE forces on SU border were too low so the SU declared war on GE.

I was surprised when the West declared war on me (Jap) I assume he did it via the diplomatic screen, the game never actually told me that I was at war with the West I just noticed west units attacking my forces.

Wick

wick -> RE: WaW Question (3/19/2009 2:12:57 PM)

Well I played the Blitz card, and now I am at peace with the West I have no option to declare war on the west (no cards and regime screen will not let me declare war) The Dutch East Indies rejoined the West as well as all my garrison troops on the island are now converted to western troops
At least I still control Singapore and Calcutta.

Tagwyn -> RE: WaW Question (3/19/2009 11:13:31 PM)

Wicky:  Are you aware that Hitler is the most evil person in all of history?  t

wick -> RE: WaW Question (3/19/2009 11:31:25 PM)

I think I read that somewhere[:)]
Maybe if he had got more into the banjo, history would be different.

wick -> RE: WaW Question (3/19/2009 11:33:34 PM)

The west is able to declare war on Japan from the regime screen even at the start of the game.

explorer2 -> RE: WaW Question (3/20/2009 2:55:33 AM)

I've checked out 33d in game and cannot reproduce your results, at least from the beginning of the game. Later I will try to reproduce your steps and see if I can reproduce it happening when you said it did in your actual pbem game. I"ve also checked the code that should be relevant, and have not found a problem.

Here's my guess about what's happened:
Somehow you're playing a modified 33d version. There's just one setting that would need to be changed, probably by accident, to make what you're mentioning happen (Regimes/West/DipBlock from true to false). I see no other explanation for why West could declare war on JA from the beginning.

There are other possible (though unlikely) explanations in events code to explain why it happened deeper in the game. I"ll try to have a look at that some other time.

My recommendation: Remove your version of 33d (maybe all WAW versions move to different location for testing purposes)download 33d again (make sure it's not 33dm1!) Re-try. From the beginning of the game, see if it recurs (I sure hope not)

Thanks for being persistent. If there's a bug, we want to find it.

explorer2 -> RE: WaW Question (3/20/2009 4:55:59 PM)

Wick-
OK, thanks for your persistence.
I was wrong! No changes have been made to your version. I checked mine, yours, and the current download, all the same.

What I discovered is I had neglected to check the JA diplomatics setting, I was only checking West's & GE setting.

Tom I expect never envisioned your course of events. The game allows it to occur because there's settings in the code to change relations: meaning whatever they currently are, make them opposite, and settings for when that occurs, have the territories and units change as well.
Since JA was already at war with West, when Pacific Blitz played, which just says in effect, "make opposite" it had unintended consequences.

In my upcoming WaW Revised version, currently in testing, I've made a lot of changes to events already, but I will try to ensure that the tragedy that befell your game doesn't occur in my upcoming version.

Thanks again for your persistence.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI