[Solved] WitP related java programs not running from batch file (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

NickWright -> [Solved] WitP related java programs not running from batch file (3/16/2009 6:45:39 PM)

Hello everybody. Initially when I downloaded a couple of applications found here on the forums (like WitP tracker) I couldn't run them from the ".bat" file that was written for them. I've got a solution/fix that others might find helpful, so I'm putting it up here. If the mods think this is the wrong sub-forum, then please feel free to (re)move it.

Specifically, using Vista x64, when I tried to run the batch files I got a "Unknown command/filename" type of error. Here's how to fix it!

1) Right click on My Computer, on the desktop

2) Once the computer properties menu has opened, click on the Advanced System Settings button

3) Click on the Environment Variables button

4) Under the Systems Variables box, click the NEW button to create a new variable

5) Enter the following inside the dialog
Variable Name: JAVA_HOME
Variable Value: the folder containing the java installation for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6 or C:\Program Files\Java\jre6

7) In the system variables list (the bottom one), locate the entry called Path, select it then press Edit

8) In the second box called Variable Value, go to the very end and add a semicolon ; if there isn't one there already

9) After your new semicolon, add %JAVA_HOME%\bin;

10) Press OK/Apply until all of the windows have closed

11) To test it's worked, open Run... in the start menu and type in Cmd

12) The windows command line interface should open, now type Java -version

If you typed in all this correctly, then it should report the version of java you've got installed. You can now run WitP tracker and WitPDecoder from their batch files!

Hopefully somebody will find this helpful!

kfmiller41 -> RE: [Solved] WitP related java programs not running from batch file (6/7/2009 1:04:24 AM)

Now I am getting a message saying that it can't find the Directory? I checked it three times and the directory is correct C:\Matrix Games\CHS\War in the Pacific

What the hell is going on here? Is this just Vista64 or am i a dunce, which is more likely[:D]

kfmiller41 -> RE: [Solved] WitP related java programs not running from batch file (6/7/2009 1:08:55 AM)

Doesn't work on any of my installs, says it can't find the directory and it seems that now Java is working but it still doesn't help me

floydg -> RE: [Solved] WitP related java programs not running from batch file (6/7/2009 3:00:02 AM)

Yeah, this does seem like Java is working, but the WITP directory doesn't seem to be found.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI