WaW33d - Pacific Blitz Card (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios

wick -> WaW33d - Pacific Blitz Card (3/19/2009 2:04:36 PM)

Greetings All,
I am playing as Japan in a pbem game of WaW33d. After France fell in summer of 1940 the German player ran in to some stiff resistance in the Balkans and was forced to move forces from the Russian front, as a result the garrison strength ratio fell below the Russians and the Ruskies declared war on the Germans that caused China and Japan to go to war after one turn of Japan and China being in the game.
To make matters more interesting the West and Russia declared war on Japan. So the game told me I had to play the blitz card by turn 6 so for the next 5 turns I took the opportunity to focus my efforts on the West and took the two resources on the Dutch East Indies(the resource with the HQ is still in tact), Singapore, and Calcutta. So at turn 5 I was ready to hit the US so I played the Pacific Blitz card and....... The 2 resources I took on the Dutch East Indies went back to the West as well as my garrison troops I had placed on them converted to the West (blue icon and the pics turned to western troop look) I also lost an entire marine corps on Palu they are now property of the West they are also still assigned to their Jap HQ and now I cannot attack the west as we are at peace when I highlight a West unit or city and try to attack it says I must declare war before I can attack..... I tried looking in the regime screen but I have no option to declare war on the West and I have no cards left.
Is this what is supposed to happen in this situation? or is this a bug or glitch?
Thanks for you input.

Wick

Barthheart -> RE: WaW33d - Pacific Blitz Card (3/19/2009 2:24:12 PM)

That is a really interesting glitch/bug. Your game is now, unfortunately, screwed!

Nice find though.... explorer2 should look at this in his new version......

wick -> RE: WaW33d - Pacific Blitz Card (3/19/2009 10:18:59 PM)

We think we have figured out why the Jap troops became property of the West: When the Vichy card is played the troop that start on Siagon would become property of Japan if left on Siagon so if Dutch east indies is part of the west when germany plays the blitz card against France or declares war against the Allied Minors it remains with the west till japan plays the pacific blitz card then based on information in the game breifing the Dutch East Indies become part of US then US becomes part of West so any troops on the east indies will become property of the west. We think this all happened because the West declared war japan before japan played the pacific blitz card.
We still have the problem where Japan cannot declare war on the west, after the pacific blitz card is played if you look at the regime screen it saya that the west and japan are at peace, Japan has no ability to declare war on the west so the ball is now in the hands of the west which can declare war on japan via the regime screen. Should it be like this? I think it may be a subject of debate
What are everyone's thoughts.

Barthheart -> RE: WaW33d - Pacific Blitz Card (3/19/2009 11:55:08 PM)

No it should not be like this. It's a bug. Probably in the event script of the Japanese blitz card. The event just could not handle your odd game development correctly, that's all.

explorer2 -> RE: WaW33d - Pacific Blitz Card (3/20/2009 3:45:39 AM)

I've looked at the event script for Pacific Blitz card for v33d and there is a line that changes relations between JA & West.
IF those relations were not what expected, it would account for your late game problems.
So again, I'm sure what is happening is that at the beginning of your game, the setting to block West from declaring war on JA was somehow accidentally changed. (this can only be changed in the editor, prior to the game actually beginning, and it is set correctly in the version of WaW33d that I downloaded)
This messed up other things that depended on it being blocked, such as the Pacific Blitz card.
Sorry it's happening, and good luck with it!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI