Bent & broken : p (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

leknes -> Bent & broken : p (5/16/2002 6:54:31 PM)

Received UV today, record speed from the US to Europe.
The box was bent and the disc inside it broken :(
Another nail in the coffin for US postal service........

Any possibility of downloading it, or do I have to wait another week or two for another disc....?

Raverdave -> (5/16/2002 7:13:22 PM)

I would have been shattered if that happened to me!:eek:

Ron Saueracker -> (5/16/2002 9:51:11 PM)

Major bummer.:(

Paul Vebber -> (5/16/2002 10:33:48 PM)

Open a ticket in the help desk and we will ship you a new disk.

leknes -> Re: Bent & broken : p (5/16/2002 11:12:07 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by leknes
[B]Received UV today, record speed from the US to Europe.
The box was bent and the disc inside it broken :(
Another nail in the coffin for US postal service........

Any possibility of downloading it, or do I have to wait another week or two for another disc....? [/B][/QUOTE]

Utica -> (5/17/2002 12:37:41 AM)

How much force does it take to break a CD in half when inside a sleeve, inside a box, inside a shipping box? Does the USPS think air-mail means dropping it out of the plane as they fly over your house?

Henri -> (5/17/2002 12:40:29 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Utica
[B]How much force does it take to break a CD in half when inside a sleeve, inside a box, inside a shipping box? Does the USPS think air-mail means dropping it out of the plane as they fly over your house? [/B][/QUOTE]

That wouldn't be enough to break a CD inside a hard platic DVD box. They must have run the truck over it...

Henri

panda124c -> (5/17/2002 6:42:59 AM)

Someone once shipped a G-Meter through the US Mail with a telltale when the people on the other end recieved it the telltale was pegged in both positive Gs and negitive Gs. What chance does a poor CD have.

a300mech -> (5/17/2002 7:36:59 AM)

I just recieved my copy today via UPS, and the outer case was cracked and broken. Thank goodness the CD was undamaged!
I wonder if anyone else has experienced this? :confused:

Marc von Martial -> (5/17/2002 3:31:10 PM)

I allways love it when you have that extre thick "Do not bend!" typing on your parcels and the only thing the **** mail man has to do is bend in to fit it in your mailbox :mad:

Mail & Parcel Services around the world just suck.

panda124c -> (5/17/2002 6:44:00 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
[B]I allways love it when you have that extre thick "Do not bend!" typing on your parcels and the only thing the **** mail man has to do is bend in to fit it in your mailbox :mad:

Mail & Parcel Services around the world just suck. [/B][/QUOTE]

Now in the official Post Office hand book doesn't "Do not bend" mean "Fold in Half"?:D :D

Marc von Martial -> (5/17/2002 6:47:00 PM)

Ah okay,

then next time I will ask for "Do not bend" "Do not fold in half" "Just leave it as it is" being written on the package. Nothing is more frustating when you order that collectors item of "Prince Valiant" from the 1950īs and the mail man halfs the value of it just by bending it :mad:

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI