ordered or group attack (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

ReynaFan -> ordered or group attack (3/21/2009 12:35:42 PM)

My brother (trainingwheels) and I are in our first pair of pbems. I attacked a naval fleet that included couple HF, couple LF, & a Carrier w/ CAG. I used sub, fighters, and tacs. Is there an ordered way my units should have individually attacked or group them all at once? If I'd been able to use other HF or LF, how would that have changed it? I know targeting is explained in manual, and I sent all in together, but I want to make sure this is best tactical way.

BTW...We're playing two concurrent games each as axis (GG), and I'm putting it on him!

Lucky1 -> RE: ordered or group attack (3/21/2009 10:37:34 PM)

Unless it has been fixed, if you are attack a fleet with AIR, it **seems** that one has more success sending air units one at a time after the initial attack to clear defensive air. I don't know if this is as intended, but it definitely has been my experience. NOTE: units attacking as a group select their targets at the outset and do NOT re-select a target if their initial target is destroyed by another unit. This is a sometimes another reason to conduct air attacks in sequence. Maybe someone with more experience or a better understanding of game mechanics can provide more clarity...

p.s. attacking surface fleets with subs (esp. LF) is generally not worth the risk unless you have very high naval attack and evasion. Even thn, there is a fairly high chance that the sub won't even fire against non-transport fleets, if I recall correctly.

GKar -> RE: ordered or group attack (3/23/2009 7:03:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky1

Even thn, there is a fairly high chance that the sub won't even fire against non-transport fleets, if I recall correctly.

The chance is 2/3 that a sub won't fire when it targets a non-transport (an auto-miss, if you want).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI