why should i buy thi game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

deilthedog -> why should i buy thi game? (5/17/2002 3:03:16 AM)

i live in the UK so buying this game from the US will cost me about £60 so is it worth it? ive got the operational art of war series so what different or better about this game?
are there any UK sites that supply it?

johnmac -> (5/17/2002 3:10:56 AM)

[url]www.duchet.com[/url] - they're the Matrix UK dealer. It's £39.99 + £1 p&p.

deilthedog -> (5/17/2002 3:12:28 AM)

great, but i cant seem to find any reviews about this game

Spooky -> (5/17/2002 3:12:38 AM)

You can buy it at Duchet Computers :
http://www.duchet.com/

The english price is 40 £ (including shipping)

The most complete Preview : http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/uncommon_valor_preview_main.asp

itsjustme0770 -> (5/17/2002 3:16:27 AM)

wargamer.com has a review.

Paul Vebber -> (5/17/2002 3:23:47 AM)

Better IMO than a review are the AARs posted detailing play in detail in the forum here. Numerous review copies have been sent out, but the game is very deep and good reviewers will spend some time with it to fully appreciate it.

Comparing to TOAW is not possible - it deals with land only (with an abstract air layer), UV fully represents ALL operational elements, LAND - AIR - AND NAVAL in detail using an orders assignment system that allows command without requiring micromanaging. You can micromanage if you want, but typically it is required only when a crucial battle is taken up.

The game focuses not on 'pushing counters' but devising and executing effective plans. It may not be as generic as TOAW, but that is its strength as well - its crafted specifically around the import aspects of the Campaign.

deilthedog -> (5/17/2002 4:46:47 AM)

ok, im convinced and ive ordered.
how long till i get my game?

Supervisor -> (5/17/2002 5:53:13 AM)

[QUOTE]how long till i get my game?[/QUOTE]
Now THAT I seem to have heard before. Hmmmm, I wonder where? :D :D :D :D :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI