Game Settings Issue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Tech Support

Jutland13 -> Game Settings Issue (3/28/2009 3:13:39 PM)

I was forced to reinstall WBTS when my old laptop crashed. I have installed all updates (Have done this 3X). The leader ratings and names no longer show on the units or commander in the boxes. I have tried all of the different preference settings and nothing corrects this. Even When I set it to show leader ratings the little box that transposes over the units shows nothing. I am not able to see the command range of my leaders, making it very difficult to assign troops and CSC

I am not running Vista, I have used the same install and setup as in the past. Any thoughts or ideas? I am not sure this is the new patch, I had it installed prviously on my old laptop and it worked fine.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Darren

GMeyer -> RE: Game Settings Issue (3/28/2009 5:03:49 PM)

I am Darren's opponent in the game he references but have experienced no similiar problems in that game. In another, however, I expereinced the same phenomena Darren describes--no information on leaders--but as it turns out, my opponent had not installed the beta patch. He then did so. On restart (I was playing the south), leaders were back to normal, but the entire confederate navy disappeared. I assume it was still there because I transported troops across the Mississippi, but no counters were visable. Upon being informed of the problem, my opponent quit, so I don't know if the counters wouuld have reappeared in Aug61. I am playing four games using the beta patch, in the other two nothing bugwise has happened.
It does appear, however, that the Union comes by initiative much easier than in the previous version. Playing the south of course I'm prejudiced, but the I think the increased initiative seriously imbalances the game. I was even attacked by Ben Butler commanding a huge army.

Joel Billings -> RE: Game Settings Issue (3/28/2009 10:55:39 PM)

When you right click on the exe file and bring up the properties and go to the version tab, what does it say? If it lists 1.0.3.3 it is the beta patch. If it lists 1.0.3.0 then it is the last official patch. Be sure that your version agrees with your opponents. Bad things happen when you are out of sync with your opponent. Please post what version you have now, and what version your opponent has. Thanks.

Jutland13 -> RE: Game Settings Issue (3/29/2009 6:59:16 PM)

Thanks, I have checked and I am running the Beta Version, as are my opponents. Everything else works fine, but this just slows the game and makes it very difficult to track leaders, units, command ratings etc. Perhaps I will try another install and hope for better.

Jutland13 -> RE: Game Settings Issue (3/29/2009 9:29:35 PM)

I am reinstalling the game and these problems are prevalent from the start, even before installing patches? Are there any computer settings that might affect this ?

Joel Billings -> RE: Game Settings Issue (3/29/2009 10:01:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jutland13

I am reinstalling the game and these problems are prevalent from the start, even before installing patches? Are there any computer settings that might affect this ?

I don't know what could be causing your problem if you're getting it in version 1.0 now and didn't before. Have you done anything to change your system? Are you experiencing this problem with a new game you start after a new install, or only on old save games? Old saves might be corrupted due to being out of sync at some point with your opponent. A new game started with version 1.0 should work fine on your system now if it did before unless you've changed your video driver or made some other system change.

Jutland13 -> RE: Game Settings Issue (3/29/2009 10:35:37 PM)

I am guessing it must be a setting on my computer, as it starts with initial install and on new games. Any ideas on how this might be fixed? Thank you.

Darren

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI