unit strength numbers in the editor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

damezzi -> unit strength numbers in the editor (3/30/2009 12:11:19 AM)

I've been playing TOAW now for some time, but only against the PO, until this moment.

For the first time I tried to mess with the scenario editor to run some tests. When I first tried to configure a unit, some strange number relations seemed to take place. I began by assigning 5 rifle squads and then up (7, 8, 9 etc). Until 10 or 11, I don't remember, the unit strength kept going up; after then it came down again and then became unpredictable. I know that the counter numbers doesn't represent unit strenght precisely, but having it going down with more equipment assigned seems strange. I must say that I never noticed it while playing, but I also never kept track of the exact numbers of equipment while playing and with the varied kind of equipments usually assigned to a unit, it is very difficult to make this relation during play.

Can someone please tell me how it works. Why 20 rifle squads results in a lower displayed number than 10 squads. I must say that I didn't try to deploy the units; I'm taking into account the unit number presented in the force editor.

damezzi -> RE: unit strength numbers in the editor (3/30/2009 2:13:46 AM)

Ok, just ignore it. I've placed the question to quickly. I've figure it out: values are adjusted proportionately as we create newer units, surely not to grow to large.

Silvanski -> RE: unit strength numbers in the editor (3/30/2009 5:19:38 PM)

exactly as you found out... the unit strenghts shown level out according to the amount of units you use
I had an isse in a scenario mod where Soviet artillery was showing incredible strengths of 44+ Meanwhile, while well filled and well supplied, my German panzer units only averaged 1-1  2-1 etc...by slightly lowering the amount of artillery pieces in the Soviet units, the German units show their actual strength a lot better... But as you'll know, one counter showing 4-4 vs another one showing the same won't mean they're the same strength, it's which eqp they get their strength from. also the AT vs AP strenght can decide the outcome of a combat round

damezzi -> RE: unit strength numbers in the editor (3/31/2009 6:43:22 PM)

Thanks Silvanski. Always helpful!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI