RE: Old BTRquestion (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

wargames -> RE: Old BTRquestion (4/29/2009 1:07:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: swift
[image]local://upfiles/16527/C8FF96877BD9415D92BA3CF219831113.jpg[/image]

I noticed that JC's 1.03 final released at the end of 2001 is in fact later than 1.06x5. Your A/C types look very similar to that version, such as 109G-5/-10, Ju388 and Re2005. Still, you have something different such as G56, IAR 81M etc. One thing I don't get in that version is that you have more AFAC than EFAC, basically telling you not to produce multi-engine types[:-]

wernerpruckner -> RE: Old BTRquestion (4/29/2009 8:40:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wargames

I noticed that JC's 1.03 final released at the end of 2001 is in fact later than 1.06x5. Your A/C types look very similar to that version, such as 109G-5/-10, Ju388 and Re2005. Still, you have something different such as G56, IAR 81M etc. One thing I don't get in that version is that you have more AFAC than EFAC, basically telling you not to produce multi-engine types[:-]

This is not JC´s 1.03......this version is a few years younger :)

The industry tries to reflect the RL situation......I had no problem in the 1.03final or in one of the newer versions to produce many TF fighters.

TechSgt -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/1/2009 4:56:26 AM)

About this supply question?

Might there be a "bug"?

I'm an Allied player, sometime in Aug '43 I night bombed a Para unit -- the 5th -- in Normandy. After the follow up recon, it is at 95 disruption. It is now May 30, '44, it has been and is still being recon'ed with a 95 disruption. I have not plotted to bomb that unit again -- as I recall -- during the whole campaign. This is the only "target", in my game, that I can think of which is not "repairing".

Peeking at KNJ's "axis" map, his city/rail system and supply line seems to be good.

Is it possible that a ground unit could get "locked" into an "out of supply" situation?

Bonus question: Swift: Concerning your Allied Replacement display... What happened to the P-38G's? [;)]

TS

Latest info...

1795 5th Parachute Troop
Combat Value 181
Disruption 95
12x AFV
79x Artillery
252x Infantry
13x HAA
37x LAA

AFV, Artillery, & Infantry vary slightly with each recon. The other info has not.

wernerpruckner -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/1/2009 9:11:14 PM)

All recce older than 2 days is no longer considered up to date. So, of you fly no recce missions to a target, its status may not change.
Allied recce is not always right....some target types need a closer look at low altitude.
Low level recce helps to identify light/medium AA and maybe some other things ;)

In that OB/OA JC made some (many) changes....one oft them was to use the H instead of the G variant of the Lightning.

TechSgt -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/2/2009 3:36:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: swift

All recce older than 2 days is no longer considered up to date. So, of you fly no recce missions to a target, its status may not change.
Allied recce is not always right....some target types need a closer look at low altitude.
Low level recce helps to identify light/medium AA and maybe some other things ;)

Swift;

I have been reconning this unit, probably about once a month, but probably at high altitude. During the month of May '44 it doesn't get past 3 days without a recon -- high and/or low -- depending on the weather's level. I keep a close watch on all Overlord mobile units during this month. By "averaging" the recons I get a fair idea of a unit's recovery rate -- supply.

Obviously, this particular instance is a very minor glitch. I'm just waiting to see if it moves and then begins to recover.
... I guess I could bomb it again, and see if that has any effect? Why mess up a perfectly disrupted unit! [:D]

TS

wargames -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/2/2009 2:46:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KNJ

the odd thing is all my units are little bit south of Gustav line

[image]local://upfiles/31329/CC0F579AB8A043F9B452F3A57510F70B.jpg[/image]

It seems that you are not the only one. Most of my garrisons are slightly beyond the line as well. What surprised me is that 26th Panzer and 1st Para are even stationed in the towns of Vasto and Termoli, which are way beyond the Gustav Line. All the boys are in good condition however 2nd Para is out of supply for no apparent reason! I must find the logistic officer and shoot him![:@]

[image]local://upfiles/30139/58B5956DEB7240679D3D3D8DACE1AD62.jpg[/image]

TechSgt -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/3/2009 8:08:18 PM)

Wargames & KNJ;

In every "land" campaign I've played, the Axis units have always "dug-in" just outside of the fortified area. In Italy, it is to the south, in Normandy it is north, in Germany it is just west.

I found that by using the Bomber Command's creep back and approaching from the "rear" I can occationally get flak gun astericks.

I've always thought of this as the units being on the FEBA, and the fortified area's circle is the reserve AO.

TS

Are the Axis suppose to be inside the fortified areas? Harley? HS? Swift?

wargames -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/4/2009 12:51:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TechSgt

Wargames & KNJ;

In every "land" campaign I've played, the Axis units have always "dug-in" just outside of the fortified area. In Italy, it is to the south, in Normandy it is north, in Germany it is just west.

I found that by using the Bomber Command's creep back and approaching from the "rear" I can occationally get flak gun astericks.

I've always thought of this as the units being on the FEBA, and the fortified area's circle is the reserve AO.

TS

Are the Axis suppose to be inside the fortified areas? Harley? HS? Swift?

Interesting thought. To be honest, I wouldn't bet my money on that as an air-focused game, BTR would have simulated land battle in such detail. Such things like FEBA or AO are alien to more all-round simulators, such as Paradox's Hearts of Iron, or even land-focused ones like Matrix's many titles. What's more, when we start a '44 game, land divisions do start exactly at Gustav line.

Anyway, I am more interested in finding out why 2nd Para is out of supply. And why 26th Panzer and 1st Para are so forward. Are they going to retreat? If so, when? By the time of Anzio, maybe?

wargames -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/6/2009 6:57:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wargames
It seems that you are not the only one. Most of my garrisons are slightly beyond the line as well. What surprised me is that 26th Panzer and 1st Para are even stationed in the towns of Vasto and Termoli, which are way beyond the Gustav Line. All the boys are in good condition however 2nd Para is out of supply for no apparent reason! I must find the logistic officer and shoot him![:@]
[image]local://upfiles/30139/58B5956DEB7240679D3D3D8DACE1AD62.jpg[/image]

I reloaded. Out of supply problem dissapeared. Then a new problem happened: I pulled my rail flaks back north to Ancorna/Pescara etc to defend supply line. They dissapeared a few days later!!![:@]

Hard Sarge -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/6/2009 7:05:25 PM)

supply, I got no idea (I have never seen that message, but I am a much more exp Allied player then Axis)

for the forts/defence line, would say, those are just art work, and the placement of Troops and the Art don't match up all the way (Troops are Code, not Data, so I can't do anything about them)

RR Flak, do you know if they showed up ? when you tell them to move, it can take a few days for them to show up, once moving there are not on the map anymore ?

if they had showed up, and then went missing, I am not sure what happened

wargames -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/6/2009 9:08:06 PM)

It takes one day for them to move north, although on the map they move instantaneously. The flaks stayed there for a few days, then all of a sudden just gone!

Hard Sarge -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/7/2009 2:26:56 AM)

is the defence line still being formed ?

wargames -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/7/2009 8:14:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge
is the defence line still being formed ?

It is. The two forward divisions pulled back to the line after a week. In comparision with '44 scenario opening, different units are holding the line. Are they going to be replaced by other units later? The troublesome 2nd Para is not in '44 scenario at all!

Hard Sarge -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/8/2009 1:16:23 PM)

okay, not totally sure of what you are seeing, but, from what I do know, I would be willing to bet that this is a retreat and forming the next defence line thing, any Air units close to the line are going to go poof, and you will later see them in the OOB on delay, I think that may be what happened to the RR Flak, they were too close to the line and the program pulled them and added them to the delay reinforcement list

I think that is also what you are seeing with the out of supply units, they are in Allied controlled land, no-mans land deal, just getting back into Germen controlled land, what have you

again, Troops are Code, I can't tell you what is where or what is when

but the game does handle units surrending, not sure if with in the code, it figures the 2nd Para is going to be surrended or disbanded when the 44 campaign begins

wargames -> RE: Old BTRquestion (5/10/2009 12:49:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge
but the game does handle units surrending, not sure if with in the code, it figures the 2nd Para is going to be surrended or disbanded when the 44 campaign begins

Indeed. The poor boys of 2nd Para were sent to East Front in Jan 1944 [:(]. Curious to see what information will be given in BTR.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI