map distorts (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

demonterico -> map distorts (4/3/2009 4:15:37 AM)

I just reloaded EinA after being away from it for a while and everything seemed to go fine with loading the game and the patches, however when I go into play the game the map isn't working right. When I try to move around it with the curser it breaks apart, and doesn't allow me to view the southern half of Europe. I deleted everything and tried reloading but that didn't fix it.

DCWhitworth -> RE: map distorts (4/3/2009 9:04:57 AM)

I don't know specifically what might be your problem, however the best thing to do if you are getting display problems is to check your graphics drivers are up to date and working properly.

no_dice -> RE: map distorts (4/5/2009 3:20:47 PM)

If you have a photo or other large sized image as your windows wallpaper try changing it to nothing and try again. I've had this happen before.

No Dice

demonterico -> RE: map distorts (4/5/2009 7:02:39 PM)

I haven't tried it yet but I believe getting the latest drivers for my hardwear is the answer. I recently reistalled windows to get rid of a virus, and didn't think about getting all my drivers updated. I have a feeling that will solve my problem. Thanks everyone for your help. You'll hear back from me when I've tried whether it works or not.

demonterico -> RE: map distorts (4/10/2009 3:02:41 PM)

Thanks DC the driver fixed it. Dave

Marshall Ellis -> RE: map distorts (4/10/2009 4:16:17 PM)

Thanks for all the help guys!

Jimmer -> RE: map distorts (4/13/2009 7:40:12 PM)

As an addendum to this, players should note that "side issues" could also be driver issues. For example, someone mentioned that if you had a picture as your wallpaper, you may see similar problems. This is correct, but only because the video driver is not doing things correctly.

Under ideal conditions, the driver (or, DirectX, if that's in place) should "take over" from the background wallpaper. One can think of this as a sort of "layering" effect. The game map "sits on top of" the wallpaper, which is a JPG at a different resolution. In theory, it just just do a background resize of the wallpaper, fitting it to the screen. But, if the line-draw or some other video function isn't working perfectly, "strange" things can happen inside programs which are also using the same video functions (like, scrambling bits, pixellation, etc.)

So, the moral of the story is: If in doubt, check for new video drivers.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI