Ok UV is out and..... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

sbond -> Ok UV is out and..... (5/19/2002 4:07:51 PM)

Is great, now get the whips out and start beating the pizza eating coders into shape! We want our fix........War in the Pacific.

U2 -> Re: Ok UV is out and..... (5/19/2002 7:53:18 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sbond
[B]Is great, now get the whips out and start beating the pizza eating coders into shape! We want our fix........War in the Pacific. [/B][/QUOTE]

Take it easy old chap. I can play UV for the next 10 years! Its so darn good. If the crew behind WitP reads this then please take your time to make this game perfect. UV is so darn good that I will not complain if you delay this product.

Dan

sbond -> (5/20/2002 12:47:46 AM)

Just a joke, but in all honesty I have been here for 2+ years waiting for War in the Pacific. The changes to the Old Version were great but now that tasted UV I am like a Pavlov dog.....

brisd -> take as long (5/23/2002 1:53:00 AM)

As you need to get WITP right. UV is a classic, I will be playing it for a LONG time. If WITP is out by Christmas then that would be about right for me. :p But DON'T Rush it....

IChristie -> (5/24/2002 11:35:23 PM)

[QUOTE] Is great, now get the whips out and start beating the pizza eating coders into shape! We want our fix........War in the Pacific. [/QUOTE]

What makes you think they're not! :rolleyes:

Would you like the digital pictures of the scars? ;)

Work on WITP has been in full swing since before UV went gold.

Hartmann -> (5/25/2002 12:38:18 AM)

And as the engine is already done, and I guess, the database, too, it will not take THAT long to get WitP going. :)

I guess that the most problematic thing right now is not so much the new features, but to project everything onto the new, much larger scale while retaining the game balance.

Hartmann

sbond -> (5/25/2002 1:12:14 AM)

[QUOTE]What makes you think they're not!

Would you like the digital pictures of the scars?

Work on WITP has been in full swing since before UV went gold. [/QUOTE]

Ahh that is excellent and what I was wondering :)

Well the scars can be hidden ;)

IChristie -> Me = Mushroom (5/25/2002 1:49:01 AM)

I can provide no prognostications on how much longer things will take. I only know that based on the frequency of updates to the game files, Gary and Rich are obviously putting in a lot of time on the game.

For myself, you have seen some shots of the alpha map that we are using for development purposes. It obviously needed alot of work. It is progressing - slowly - at over 5000x6000 pixels it's a monster. Right now we're working on putting in the transportation network, the rivers and all the place names - as well as touching up the terrain types and textures (OZ may be green, but AUS isn't any longer). Of course, all of these changes have to be synchronized with the map database...

So, yes, there is a lot to be done even before trying to tune an balance the whole affair. It will be worth the wait.

Admiral DadMan -> (5/25/2002 9:10:46 AM)

I'm still waiting for my danged UV to ship, and I want to play the crap out of it. So, it's ok with me if WitP is another 6-12 months away.

jerryandlinda -> keep getting sunk (6/2/2002 12:57:00 AM)

a great game and great graphics...i wonder if Midway had never happened, if the real USN would have lost their carriers around Guadalcanal...i keep doing it.

AlvinS -> (6/2/2002 10:21:43 AM)

[B][QUOTE]a great game and great graphics...i wonder if Midway had never happened, if the real USN would have lost their carriers around Guadalcanal...i keep doing it.[/QUOTE] [/B]

If I was in charge during WWII, we might be having this conversation in Japanese:D

UV is awsome. I'm looking forward to WITP!

crusher -> (6/3/2002 5:37:44 AM)

How ever long it takes witp has big shoes to fill. just look at pacwar that game is over ten years old and still has a strong group of loyal followers that work hard to keep a great game great. i can only hope that witp can fill these shoes and last as long as pacwar. so take all the time you need and make it great thanks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI