Sounds weirding out SPWAW (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Warhorse -> Sounds weirding out SPWAW (5/19/2002 7:48:57 PM)

Hi, I have a Compaq 7000US, with Athlon 1.2ghz, 384mb RAM, Soundblaster PCI128, and 32mb NVIDIA TNT2 w/detonator updates. Recently my sounds in the game have been freaking out, half the time you move a unit, no sound. You fire a weapon at a vehicle, you may here it hit, but the explosion sound will be quiet. You move a vehicle, then fire, you might miss the first weapon firing. Lately, sometimes moving 5 or more vehicles one after another, all are quiet!!! Anyone have this occur before? I have recently installed DX8.0, but this was occuring before that, and I haven't changed anything or installed any other programs!! Help!!

Supervisor -> (5/19/2002 11:12:45 PM)

Mike double check these sounds outside of the game envirorment. I will make no assumptions, you are using the updated stereo sound as I expect you are, correct. Go in the snd folder and double click on the *.wav files within and see if they sound ok, also look at the icon to see which sound program they are associated too. Sometimes sound programs like to steal associations from each other depending on what you use. Also does this happen all the time or when the game and or computer are getting hot, the soundcard could be starting to die, just a thought.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI