Fatal Error 818 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

New York Jets -> Fatal Error 818 (4/14/2009 7:52:06 PM)

I tried installing the game from my CD and I updated with the latest update.

When I went to play, a few seconds into the game loading I got the error message "Fatal Error 818".

I uninstalled/reinstalled the the game and did not install the update the second time and the game ran fine. So, I then installed the update and got the error message again.

Am I missing something here?

Nomad -> RE: Fatal Error 818 (4/14/2009 8:05:00 PM)

Which upgrade are you using? You need to install the 1.804 comprehensive patch and then the 1.806 patch.

rtrapasso -> RE: Fatal Error 818 (4/14/2009 8:30:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Trog

When I went to play, a few seconds into the game loading I got the error message "Fatal Error 818".

I uninstalled/reinstalled the the game and did not install the update the second time and the game ran fine. So, I then installed the update and got the error message again.

You need to do this:

Deinstall everything.

Install from your original install program. You have to run the complete install... you can't just copy over from another computer or you will get exactly the problem you describe (old version will work, new one will not).

Install version 1.804 COMPREHENSIVE - there is another 1.804 noncomprehensive floating around - don't use that.

Install version 1.806 REVISED... this should be the only one available for download on the website, but other nonrevised versions might be floating around (don't use them).

EDIT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT SERIAL NUMBER!! Some people have 2 copies of WITP, and if you enter the wrong serial number for the install (i.e. - switch serial numbers), you will also get the same problem you described.

New York Jets -> RE: Fatal Error 818 (4/15/2009 12:34:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Which upgrade are you using? You need to install the 1.804 comprehensive patch and then the 1.806 patch.

Where do I get the 1.804?

New York Jets -> RE: Fatal Error 818 (4/15/2009 12:34:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

You need to do this:

Deinstall everything.

Install from your original install program. You have to run the complete install... you can't just copy over from another computer or you will get exactly the problem you describe (old version will work, new one will not).

Install version 1.804 COMPREHENSIVE - there is another 1.804 noncomprehensive floating around - don't use that.

Install version 1.806 REVISED... this should be the only one available for download on the website, but other nonrevised versions might be floating around (don't use them).

EDIT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT SERIAL NUMBER!! Some people have 2 copies of WITP, and if you enter the wrong serial number for the install (i.e. - switch serial numbers), you will also get the same problem you described.

rtrapasso -> RE: Fatal Error 818 (4/15/2009 12:37:23 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

You need to do this:

Deinstall everything.

Available at the download site.

EDIT
Go here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/294/downloads/War.In.The.Pacific

New York Jets -> RE: Fatal Error 818 (4/15/2009 12:50:21 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You need to do this:

Deinstall everything.

Available at the download site.

EDIT
Go here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/294/downloads/War.In.The.Pacific

Thank you.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI