How do you decrease Intel Spending? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room

KaiserSosay -> How do you decrease Intel Spending? (4/14/2009 9:41:40 PM)

Hi,

I enjoyed the original WAW and am starting a game with advanced supplies of the sequel. I see the Sigint/Spy screen but there are only plus marks that increase spy spending with no obvious way to decrease espionage spending. My supplies are already low and I wish to knock down the spending. Is this a first turn restriction of some sort or am I limited to the starting values as a baseline? Will future increases in spending be permanent? This does not appear to be well documented in the manual or in the FAQ.

As a side question, I have Fog of War (FOW) on for myself but the not AI (I assume it could cheat if it wants to but I have customized the game to be above challenging by giving 75 supplies to the axis as a boost instead of the 50 that come with challenging.) I didn't want the AI to have to waste supplies on FOW

KaiserSosay

rjh1971 -> RE: How do you decrease Intel Spending? (4/14/2009 11:40:09 PM)

Hi Kaiser, first I understand you're playing the allies, they're the ones sort on supplies at the begining. Sigint and spies need supplies to be built, but it's the player the one who decides what amount of them he's going to invest/spend. Once you spend it there is no turning back, you cannot disband spies nor sigint assets.

I don't understand what you're trying to ask by when you "didn't want the AI to have to waste supplies on FOW " fow doesn't consume supplies.

KaiserSosay -> RE: How do you decrease Intel Spending? (4/15/2009 5:32:27 PM)

Hi,

Thanks for the response. So the starting intel expenditures are the minimum and you can never decrease them. I guess this makes sense in a way. I could just spend a ton on intel one turn to find out every bit of spy info and then cut back to a minimum after that which wouldn't seem right.

My remark about fog of war relates to my understanding that the intel points I spend on spies against a particular country will have a chance of showing me their research beakers as well as their units in production. If I have fog of war turned off for the AI, I am guessing he will already know my research beakers and units in production and not have to waste further supplies on intel spending against me. Well, at least he won't have to increase it any further since as I understand it, intel spending can NOT be decreased

Thanks

KaiserSosay

rjh1971 -> RE: How do you decrease Intel Spending? (4/16/2009 11:10:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KaiserSosay

Hi,

Thanks for the response. So the starting intel expenditures are the minimum and you can never decrease them. I guess this makes sense in a way. I could just spend a ton on intel one turn to find out every bit of spy info and then cut back to a minimum after that which wouldn't seem right.

KaiserSosay

You cannot decrease them but enemy spies can, peep into the messages by pressing the "e" hotkey

Lebatron -> RE: How do you decrease Intel Spending? (4/20/2009 4:33:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KaiserSosay

Hi,

I enjoyed the original WAW and am starting a game with advanced supplies of the sequel. I see the Sigint/Spy screen but there are only plus marks that increase spy spending with no obvious way to decrease espionage spending. My supplies are already low and I wish to knock down the spending...

As a side question, I have Fog of War (FOW) on for myself but the not AI...

KaiserSosay

There is no way for you to undo spending here. However, after you have "purchased" a higher level with supplies, there is no ongoing maintenance costs. This is what I believe you are worried about. So once you have increased your Security to say 25, it's already paid for and hence why would you want to reduce it voluntarily. Same goes for the other levels. Security costs 5 supplies to increase, the others 3. That's it, no further costs to you after that. Hope that clears up any misconceptions you've had.

FOW does not affect the AI, so it does not matter if you have it turned on for them or not. It is this way because the AI needs this crutch to play its best. Also it prevents it from making moves that can't be undone because FOW had revealed new units.

KaiserSosay -> RE: How do you decrease Intel Spending? (5/2/2009 7:37:47 PM)

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I was concerned there might be ONGOING supply costs but learned this wasn't the case.

KaiserSosay

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI