Road to Victory no longer supported? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory

Joshuatree -> Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/17/2009 3:34:30 PM)

It seems the game is no longer supported? Here's the link to the site: http://www.worldwar2.pl/index.php?page=0

World War 2: Road to Victory will be no longer supported.
However all who bought the game before April 18th 2009 will get our next release - Time of Wrath - Digital Download for free.

More information will be announced in the middle of May.

So that's why it took so long for news about the update... there is no update [:)] I think they'll replace this "old" game with the more fancy looking "Time of Wrath" ... so, hmm, maybe that one is even better?
Odd thing is, I was waiting for the update to make my decision, buy or not buy. Guess that's clear now. Now I'll have to wait till May, doh.

Link to "Time of Wrath" : http://timeofwrath.com/index.php?id=3

Mike Parker -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/17/2009 8:11:57 PM)

Joshua,

Buy RTV now, get it patched and save it somewhere... then get the Time of Wrath for free!!!!

tombo -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/17/2009 8:56:43 PM)

Mike P.,
I'm thinking of doing just that. Is this game stable and bug free?

from the AARs...looks good.

thanks.

James Ward -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/17/2009 9:09:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tombo

Mike P.,
I'm thinking of doing just that. Is this game stable and bug free?

from the AARs...looks good.

thanks.

It's very stable and bug free. It's also a really fun game. Simple to learn difficult to master, like Texas Hold'em [:)]

tombo -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/17/2009 9:12:43 PM)

Thanks JW...there was mention of another patch coming...since it may not now, was it to fix anything major?

Joshuatree -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/17/2009 9:27:36 PM)

quote:

Thanks JW...there was mention of another patch coming...since it may not now, was it to fix anything major?

Well you know, they were talking about some major patch including many improvements, but this game doesn't have many bugs or glitches, well some maybe, but anyhow maybe this patch that was taking so long, turned into an almost complete new game: Time of Wrath ?
We'll have to wait for the Dev's to arrive for a real answer though.... I'm just guessing.

James Ward -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/17/2009 9:39:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joshuatree

quote:

Well you know, they were talking about some major patch including many improvements, but this game doesn't have many bugs or glitches, well some maybe, but anyhow maybe this patch that was taking so long, turned into an almost complete new game: Time of Wrath ?
We'll have to wait for the Dev's to arrive for a real answer though.... I'm just guessing.

I think the patch was mostly for game play improvements.
I have not had any freeze ups or crashes, things like that.

BlueMak -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/17/2009 9:49:29 PM)

The game feels rock solid to me.

Mike Parker -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/17/2009 11:54:54 PM)

I haven't had any issues with failure. As in crashes or lock ups and I haven't seen many complaints about it from others.  The patch was to correct some things about gameplay, and to incorporate some ideas.  I cannot promise but I imagine they are (mostly) incorporated in Time of Wrath.

Not sure I like the name though.. Time of Wrath?!  But I am looking forward to it.

BlueMak -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/18/2009 12:00:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Parker

I haven't had any issues with failure. As in crashes or lock ups and I haven't seen many complaints about it from others.  The patch was to correct some things about gameplay, and to incorporate some ideas.  I cannot promise but I imagine they are (mostly) incorporated in Time of Wrath.

Not sure I like the name though.. Time of Wrath?!  But I am looking forward to it.

I don't like the title either. It brings pictures in my mind of dinosaurs fighting martians.

Anraz -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/18/2009 8:00:59 AM)

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=91649&dict=CALD

WRATH   (noun [U] FORMAL OR OLD-FASHIONED)  = extreme anger

:)

Hanal -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/18/2009 11:55:55 AM)

So will MATRIX be involved with this "free game" distribution?  It will be interesting to see how IQ Software handles this.

Anraz -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/18/2009 12:13:58 PM)

The game engine was licensed and IQS no longer develop the game.
In fact even all patches to ww2:RtV were made by Wasteland Interactive :)

Hanal -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/18/2009 12:25:30 PM)

Ok..then it will be interesting to see how Wasteland Interactive handles this....[;)]

Plainian -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/18/2009 12:56:02 PM)

Disappointed that the screenshots in ToW still show that there won't be any coastal bit maps. Would have added a professional touch.

I hope that there are a lot more terrain types to make the map a bit more colourful and not so bland. Heavy and light woods. Bocage. Swamp and marsh. Rough. Steppe etc. Same for cities.

Doesn't look like there will be stacking? Will there be a proper unit merge function?

Supply. Will this be still city based or will there be an option to build depots? (land mulberries) When will supply for units be judged? Per turn as it currently is in RTV? Or per player phase? Or per unit movement?  

Edited to correct grammar and spelling.

dennisb55 -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/18/2009 4:20:31 PM)

Wonderful....I just bought RTV and it seems to be good so far.  It's what I was wanting from CEAW/SC1/2, scaled somewhere between Tiller's and 3rd Reich.  I find the former too abstracted and the later too detailed (could be the interface ;-) However, I bought RTV knowing they were going to ToWrath.  I don't reallly like what I saw in the screens for the new version and didn't want to miss out on RTV.  I believe it was a very good decision, will have to see.  Good to hear about the free upgrade, hope it's an improvement.  Already I see they've messed up the main display by making the title bar 2 lines instead of one.  Any why did they have to put the nukes counter there??? How many times in a game will that ever be more than 0??? 

Mike Parker -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/20/2009 2:06:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anraz

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=91649&dict=CALD

WRATH   (noun [U] FORMAL OR OLD-FASHIONED)  = extreme anger

:)

*chuckles*

I know what Wrath means... I just don't like its usage here. Its not incorrect its just.. Mmmmmm archaic might be the term. Time of Wrath might be more appropriate for Caesar's campaigns in Germania against Vercingetorix. That said I am excited about the game!

doomtrader -> RE: Road to Victory no longer supported? (4/20/2009 2:39:04 PM)

quote:

How many times in a game will that ever be more than 0??? 

There is always possibility to make a Cold War Scenario by some modders

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI