Naval Combat (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Tech Support

logan5000 -> Naval Combat (4/21/2009 2:09:16 PM)

I just started playing CEAW and am having some issues with Naval combat. There is next to nothing in the manuel and trying to understand it by trial and error isn't working well.

As the Axis, how to I get my subs to attack convoys? The only success I have had is when they run over the hex my sub is in. Also, I can't seem to attack enemy ships with my subs even when they are in range.

Also, if an enemy ship is in port, then is it immune to attack from my naval units?

joerock22 -> RE: Naval Combat (4/24/2009 1:05:56 AM)

To attack with a ship or sub, move the unit to a hex directly adjacent to the unit you want to attack. You will see a whie circle appear over the enemy unit, signalling that you can attack it. Then, before you click on anything else, click on the unit you wish to attack. This is true for all naval combat with a few exceptions:

1. Subs cannot attack other subs
2. Carriers can attack enemy units 3 or more hexes away, depending on strategic operations upgrades.

And yes, you can attack enemy ships and subs in port using this same technique. The only thing is that the enemy unit will get a defense bonus, so be aware of that. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, I'd recommend posting them on the Slitherine forums. There is generally a lot more activity going on over there than here at Matrix.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI