Close Combat, the Longest Day? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day

SlickWilhelm -> Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 3:35:30 PM)

Am I dreaming, or is this available for purchase today? It's on the Matrix Games front page!

Lützow -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 3:43:23 PM)

Not even listed at upcoming release section. So it's probably meant as surprise gift for loyal customers. [;)]

Marc von Martial -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 3:51:10 PM)

Not today but very soon. Erik can say more.

Kung Karl -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 5:00:54 PM)

Read the features list. It is the same features repeated over and over again. Why not only write about a feature once?

I think it is realy low to try and make a long list by stating the same features multiple times.

sabre100 -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 5:36:48 PM)

I want this game, hopefully it will be out next week tuesday? Also will all the user generated mods out there work with this new version of the game?

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 7:24:24 PM)

CC V covered, in a least a few scenarios, the Normandy landings.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 7:26:44 PM)

Planned release date for this is next Wednesday, assuming all goes well. We've posted the product info in the Coming Soon section. Have to say I'm having a blast playing the Grand Campaign with the gold master candidate, some very tough night battles with the airborne followed up by tough beach landings.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 7:28:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kung Karl
Read the features list. It is the same features repeated over and over again. Why not only write about a feature once?
I think it is realy low to try and make a long list by stating the same features multiple times.

Actually, that's known as a copy and paste error. Going in to fix it now.

leastonh1 -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 8:44:29 PM)

Wow, fantastic news! [:D]

JudgeDredd -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 9:08:26 PM)

[sm=vomit-smiley-020.gif]...where's CC2??

Dixie -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 9:37:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

I second that...

Dennistoun -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 10:04:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

I second that...

And I third that...

sol_invictus -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 10:31:07 PM)

Yep, CC2 is the one I am looking for.

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/24/2009 11:59:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

Isn't that like super old or something?

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 1:40:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SS Hauptsturmfuhrer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

Yes, but not as super-old as CC1.

CC2 came out in 1997.

IMO, its the best of all the CC titles.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Hertston -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 3:06:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SS Hauptsturmfuhrer

It's older than 3,4 and 5! [;)] That said, it's also the best of the bunch as well as the one most in need of an update, which is why it's the one folks really want to see.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 3:18:15 AM)

CC2 will happen, be patient... [8D]

Dixie -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 8:32:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

CC2 will happen, be patient... [8D]

Now that you've said that I can't...[:(]

I'll be looking forward to this one almost as much as AE and EDtBTR [&o]

Hard Sarge -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 8:43:16 AM)

AS T likes to say

it is a scam, we playing with your minds

(that said, wish this one was ready today, I would of ordered it this morning when I opened the fourm)

Dixie -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 9:53:03 AM)

I would get this, but I'm not sure there'll be enough of an improvement over the original to justify the outlay.  However it does look worthwhile for new users, it looks like it's a combination of the original Invasion Normandy and the fantastic Gold, Juno, Sword mod.

sapper_astro -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 11:39:32 AM)

Does it include the Commonwealth forces this time? That always ticked me off about CC5. A lot.

RD Oddball -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 11:57:00 AM)

Yes it does include Commonwealth forces.  British, Canadian and French Commando teams.  Dixie's last post is correct in that you can now play all three sectors TOGETHER in one grand campaign.  So if you're particularly talented CC'er you could conceivably link up all your forces from Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno and Sword.  The allies had the bar set pretty high in setting that goal and you'll find this is no different.  Many maps from the GJS mod were utilized in the Commonwealth sector of the TLD GC (with permission from Cathartes one of the mod creators)  as well as many maps from the Bloody Omaha mod (permission from Dom - it's mod creator) for the Omaha sector.  We've also created roughly 20 new maps as well as improved the coding of all 64.

squadleader_id -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 12:49:27 PM)

Thanks for the heads up, Jim!
[&:] My question is...why release the CC5 remake so soon? Most people haven't even completed their CCWAR GCs...or at least most people are still busy playing CCWAR.
And the promised map coding glitches fix/patch for CCWAR isn't even out yet. 

Erik Rutins -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 1:55:33 PM)

It's just a matter of when the planned improvements and new features were ready. The S3T team works pretty fast and once a release is done and ready for release, we don't tend to sit on it for a long while, especially with other games in the queue.

SlickWilhelm -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 3:02:55 PM)

Like many others here, I'm waiting patiently for CC2: A Bridge too Far, by far the best of the series.

That being said, I'm going to buy all of them as Matrix releases them.

bink -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 3:55:35 PM)

With several versions of CC now available, maybe Matrix should offer some bundle pricing?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 9:41:51 PM)

By the way, we have some great preview content coming up, check back on Monday and Tuesday and you should see a lot more info on the upcoming Close Combat: The Longest Day.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/25/2009 10:39:07 PM)

The Longest Day

Ever since CC5 was released and then followed by the GJS and Bloody Omaha mods players yearned for a complete representation of the D-Day Landings.

With the improvements we've made to the CC engine and the expansion to 64 maps (previously 44) this dream has finally been made possible.

From the pre-dawn airbourne landings where dispersed groups of men and equipment had to reform in the dark and hostile Normandy hinterland and then assault their assigned objectives using the darkness as a shield and flares to light their way, through the beach landings in the three seperate sectors where the allies fought with a vast array of weaponry to overcome the Atlantic Wall and reach their Day one Objectives.

All the while the German divisions fought tenaciously to throw them back into the sea with everything they had from under strength Ost troops to the powerful 21 Pz Division.

It was four days before the day 1 objectives were mostly achieved and we have presented you the opportunity to either throw the allies back in to the sea or achieve those objectives as per the time table originally conceived.

I've found this to be the best D-Day gaming experience I have encountered.

Nomada_Firefox -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/26/2009 1:40:09 AM)

quote:

Ever since CC5 was released and then followed by the GJS and Bloody Omaha mods players yearned for a complete representation of the D-Day Landings. With the improvements we've made to the CC engine and the expansion to 64 maps (previously 44) this dream has finally been made possible

Sorry but you are wrong, very wrong, I made a CC5 mod named Invasion Normandy 1944 with all the beaches and sides from invasion, perhaps even I added more that you have not added.;)

quote:

I've found this to be the best D-Day gaming experience I have encountered.

All the mothers tell to their sons that they are the most beautifull.[:'(]

Andrew Williams -> RE: Close Combat, the Longest Day? (4/26/2009 9:44:43 AM)

quote:

All the mothers tell to their sons that they are the most beautifull

but my mum was right

;)

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI