New Update on the way... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics

Erik Rutins -> New Update on the way... (4/25/2009 9:47:35 PM)

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay on the CCMT update, but it's finally getting close. We expect to go to public beta with it next week, so stand by for an announcement.

Regards,

- Erik

Adraeth -> RE: New Update on the way... (4/27/2009 10:05:24 AM)

Sounds good :) thanks for the infos

lstp04 -> RE: New Update on the way... (4/27/2009 8:01:41 PM)

What issues are being updated?  Weapons tweaks or are there engine tweaks as well?

lstp04 -> RE: New Update on the way... (5/8/2009 3:25:41 AM)

Where's the update?  What does it cover?

Andrew Williams -> RE: New Update on the way... (5/8/2009 4:55:39 AM)

The update will be broad ranging engine data etc.

Erik jumped the gun a bit.. it's still a while off.

Perturabo -> RE: New Update on the way... (5/9/2009 11:56:00 PM)

Sounds good[:)]. I can't wait to see it[:D].

mooxe -> RE: New Update on the way... (6/12/2009 12:41:37 AM)

Must fixes for CCMT....

- Minimap colours of enemies and allied must be different. Very confusing when you have multiple Allies in the same spot and everyone on the minimap is a blue square, and all soldier on the screen look alike.
- Add soldier outlines for player1,2,3 etc. Just outlines that do nothing except identify the soliders as yours, or separate uniform colours for each team. Will help sort out whos who on the main map.

- Remove the ability to target your friendly forces with the target reticle. Right now you can assign a fire order onto friendlies. Your men wont fire, but in close quarter contact with allies and enemies bunched together it makes is very difficult to target the right people.

CSO_Talorgan -> RE: New Update on the way... (6/14/2009 11:18:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mooxe
Remove the ability to target your friendly forces with the target reticle. Right now you can assign a fire order onto friendlies. Your men wont fire, but in close quarter contact with allies and enemies bunched together it makes is very difficult to target the right people.

What happens in real life?

mooxe -> RE: New Update on the way... (6/14/2009 11:48:55 AM)

You have to play this multiplayer to know... Imagine 2vs2 game... All sides are fighting close quarter in a building. You have to keep assigning fire orders untill you find the right bunch of soldiers to shoot. They wont shoot at friendlies but you can assign fire, they just wont do anything. You cant target your own troops in any game of CC, why should you be able to target your friends troops when you have full info about them?

In real life I would never tell my guys to target friendly troops!

Perturabo -> RE: New Update on the way... (6/14/2009 7:12:47 PM)

It would be cool if there was a setting that would allow friendly player's units to be invisible until detected and if there would be no common sight of enemy units.
Players would have to communicate to coordinate their efforts and exchange information. I think it would be pretty cool.

Kadrin -> RE: New Update on the way... (6/18/2009 6:47:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

It would be cool if there was a setting that would allow friendly player's units to be invisible until detected and if there would be no common sight of enemy units.
Players would have to communicate to coordinate their efforts and exchange information. I think it would be pretty cool.

Or at least an option for this, that would be very nice.

CSO_Talorgan -> RE: New Update on the way... (6/18/2009 8:06:30 PM)

quote:

You have to play this multiplayer to know...

OK, you've got me there.

quote:

they just wont do anything

Even with a "Defend" order?

quote:

In real life I would never tell my guys to target friendly troops!

... no matter how pissed off with them you were!

:)

lstp04 -> RE: New Update on the way... (7/11/2009 6:19:34 PM)

Any news? Man, this has been forever now....

Stwa -> RE: New Update on the way... (7/15/2009 7:12:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lstp04

Any news? Man, this has been forever now....

Sure has, I guess the glory days for CC are really behind us for sure.

It's interesting to see everyones must have list for fixes, but mine is even simpler. God how I wish these programmers worked in my shop. Anyway, here is the list.

1. Screen alignment issues on soldier screens.

2. Screen alignment issues on debrief screens.

3. Screen alignment issues on back bar in game screens. Just below the soldier monitor. You know what I mean!

4. File name and description prompts on the save game dialog box.

Trying fixing the interface issues first, since they surely are doable. Then maybe you can graduate up to something like game logic, and stuff. [:)]

philip wells -> Staybehind Bug (7/30/2009 5:27:18 PM)

There is still a bug that is found when moving infantry teams with crewed weapons. This bug does not always manifest itself, however, it only occurs with teams with crewed weapons. The description is as follows....The team is moved, one man (not the soldier with the crewed weapon) holds back, he does not move until the remainder of the team reach their objective, then he will move forward to join them. Sometimes the stay behind soldier does not rejoin the team, and occasionally this is a terminal error such that even if you move the team back to the stay behind he still does not want to be a team player. Three possible ways out:

1. Summarily execute the stay behind soldier.[X(]
2. Change the crewed weapon to a primary weapon (this will mean that other team members will not crew it if the soldier crewing is killed)[&:]

3. Dig deeper into the program and debug.[:D]

philip wells -> opps forgot - Guns (7/30/2009 5:54:23 PM)

Another couple of small bugs for guns that an be observed in cc5 in ccmt:

1. If guns have more than a crew of five the gun unit type will not be shown during game play when selected. (work around is to reduce the crew to five men)
2. Some guns will attempt to mount a vehicle if requested but never succeed.

Andrew Williams -> RE: opps forgot - Guns (7/30/2009 8:59:48 PM)

Thanks philip... nice to see you on board  :)

lstp04 -> RE: New Update on the way... (9/14/2009 7:41:48 PM)

Anything coming?? With this update?

rich12545 -> RE: New Update on the way... (10/15/2009 6:09:06 PM)

Any word?  Any news at all?  Anything?

Stwa -> RE: New Update on the way... (12/18/2009 1:25:22 AM)

HELLO!!

KNOCK KNOCK !!

ANYBODY HOME !!

ERIK ?

[:D]

Tejszd -> RE: New Update on the way... (7/29/2010 5:23:38 AM)

Over a year later now....

Perturabo -> RE: New Update on the way... (7/29/2010 9:40:53 PM)

I'm very excited about this update. I can't way to be finally able to experience the "accurate and realistic modern equipment modelling" and "Accurately depicts modern tactical warfare and its challenges" features. I'm confident that all these years were dedicate to finally implementing them into the game.

Damn. I can't wait to accurately experience the challenge of fighting against US Army and against insurgents.

ruixilyy -> RE: New Update on the way... (8/20/2010 8:42:37 PM)

It is outrageous! We have been waiting for so many months and the so-called 'new-update' is nowhere!

gillesvin2 -> RE: New Update on the way... (9/24/2010 6:51:49 PM)

....and the answer is?

Tejszd -> RE: New Update on the way... (6/12/2015 1:19:41 AM)

Why wasn't this patch ever released by Matrix?

Chromey -> RE: New Update on the way... (6/14/2015 4:18:55 AM)

just got the game back looking forward to this getting big close combat patch like all the others got

SchnelleMeyer -> RE: New Update on the way... (6/14/2015 2:22:10 PM)

Would be nice if Matrix could release an update on CCMT.
Wasn't there German vehicles and teams already made to go with the modern German ranks already in the game?

SteveMcClaire -> RE: New Update on the way... (6/16/2015 12:07:44 AM)

As is likely obvious by now, the plan for a CCMT update did not go through. This is something I'd like to revisit with Slitherine/Matrix at some point, but it will not be before The Bloody First is released.

Steve

SchnelleMeyer -> RE: New Update on the way... (6/16/2015 4:21:27 PM)

Things dont always go as planned. Even gamers know that:) - Everybody also should understand and applaud that work on TBF comes first for now.
Anyways, good to read that there is still a will to finnish the CCMT update, at least from your part Steve.

Thanks for feedback.
S

Platoon_Michael -> RE: New Update on the way... (6/19/2015 4:00:53 PM)

The original post was 7 years ago

And you want me to applaud the fact that they've moved on to TBF and have made how many games since this game?
Without patching this game.
A post by the way that was made by MATRIX STAFF!, telling buyers a patch is on the way.

And you support that decision and sum it as.........
Even gamers know things don't go as planned
Your a F'N Idiot Schnelle!

Absolutely Positively an IDIOT!

Especially when you yourself mentioned on 6/14/2015 9:22:10 AM
quote:

Would be nice if Matrix could release an update on CCMT.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI