WW1 MP (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold >> Opponents Wanted

06 Maestro -> WW1 MP (4/29/2009 11:04:03 PM)

So, this game is in good shape now, but it seems that there is no activity with MP. I'm looking for someone who is willing to give this thing a good try. It may turn out that the setup will be very easy to accomplish-maybe not. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. MP mode is where these games really shine-its time for this one. This game can handle 4 players-that would be a great war indeed.

I'm located in GMNT -8. My available hours over the next week are very flexible. I have no preference for the side, but have much more experience as the CP. I have Hamachi which comes in handy with these MP games, but we may not need it.

I have tested the MP functions on my home network. The game plays quite nicely over a LAN with the latest patch. The setup was actually very easy. I just set the IP-didn't assaign a port and the "joiner" found the host in a few seconds-game on.

Mus -> RE: WW1 MP (7/29/2009 6:50:40 AM)

As I told you in my PM earlier I am thinking of picking this game up. Would be glad to try multiplayer if I do, but would need to learn the game through some singleplayer first.

calvinus72 -> RE: WW1 MP (8/4/2009 7:01:37 PM)

I'm available for a MP game in September, when I'll be back from vacations.

Do you prefer the 1914 or the 1916 scenario?

06 Maestro -> RE: WW1 MP (8/5/2009 1:08:39 AM)

Calvinus
I've never even tried the 1916 scenario. I'll look it over-a change in pace might be a good thing.

It may be a little difficult to get a game on due to out locations. I suspect you are at GMT + 2. That's a 10 hour difference between us. In Decmber I will have an open schedule again; until then it will be difficult to plan on any game time from 2200 to 1900 Pacific Time each day/night. I was hoping for someone on my side of the Missisippi-or at leat on my side of the Atlantic.[;)]

When you are game for a game, let me know and perhaps we can get together.
Thanks.

Mus-if you ever get the game, we can give it a go. At least you are on my side of the Channel.[;)]

calvinus72 -> RE: WW1 MP (8/5/2009 7:58:20 AM)

quote:

I've never even tried the 1916 scenario. I'll look it over-a change in pace might be a good thing.

I'm currently enjoying the 1916 scenario. This is why I was wondering such an opportunity.

quote:

It may be a little difficult to get a game on due to out locations. I suspect you are at GMT + 2. That's a 10 hour difference between us. In Decmber I will have an open schedule again; until then it will be difficult to plan on any game time from 2200 to 1900 Pacific Time each day/night. I was hoping for someone on my side of the Missisippi-or at leat on my side of the Atlantic.[;)]

Argh! The time locations are really not compatible! We really have to wait for better times. [:)]

Anyway, I'd like to build a MP AAR, of course.

Kurtz -> RE: WW1 MP (8/10/2009 7:56:44 PM)

I have been playing WWI for a month, both with the Entente and the Central Powers. I am located in GMT+1 and available also from September.

bmelenson -> RE: WW1 MP (1/5/2010 3:55:26 PM)

I just bought the game and would be willing to give MP a shot. Need a few weeks, though, to learn the game mechanics on single player.

06 Maestro -> RE: WW1 MP (1/6/2010 4:59:07 AM)

Perhaps we can get a game going in a few weeks. It can be a warm up game-no need to take it to completion. I am awaiting the Gold Edition which I assume will be easier to play in MP mode.

Let me know when you are ready.

JasonPratt -> RE: WW1 MP (5/17/2010 7:10:11 PM)

Maestro,

How goes the search for a MP game? (I just bought Gold yesterday; I'm in the Central US time zone. I take it there's no pbm.)

06 Maestro -> RE: WW1 MP (5/18/2010 1:49:43 AM)

Hi Jason

There needs to have be a host computer that you can connect with-or you host for someone else-if I understand your question. I am playing some MP games-some successful, some not. Soon there will be a new patch that has some MP fixes included with some other things. Hopefully within a week or so you will be able to find opponents right here.

As soon as the patch goes public I will be looking for a game.

JasonPratt -> RE: WW1 MP (5/18/2010 1:11:19 PM)

quote:

As soon as the patch goes public I will be looking for a game.

I'll be checking this forum. Keep us posted!

06 Maestro -> RE: WW1 MP (6/12/2010 6:37:25 AM)

Looking for another player for a 4 way game starting at about 9am PT (GMT -8)Satuday.

JasonPratt -> RE: WW1 MP (6/14/2010 10:03:30 PM)

That's 11am central standard, right?

So far I could do that. I'll need to upgrade to the latest f patch... (and finish going through the tutorials I guess...[:D])

06 Maestro -> RE: WW1 MP (6/14/2010 10:34:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JasonPratt

That's 11am central standard, right?

So far I could do that. I'll need to upgrade to the latest f patch... (and finish going through the tutorials I guess...[:D])

You got the time right. You would need to spend some time playing in the army by army mode too. :) It's not that hard, but it is more complicated than the wego method.

I can do a quick connection test today, or in a couple of days. Let me know when you are ready.

JasonPratt -> RE: WW1 MP (6/15/2010 1:34:31 PM)

Are we up to four players yet? I can re-activate the Wargamer Forum thread checking for players...

Designers should consider adding a bit of code to the engine somewhere (maybe in the pre-startup option shell) for pinging ip addresses. I don't recall seeing one anyway.

JasonPratt -> RE: WW1 MP (6/15/2010 1:49:18 PM)

bump! Date for first gameplay now tentatively set; still need 4th player as of Tues morning 15th

06 Maestro -> RE: WW1 MP (6/15/2010 2:53:34 PM)

We may still need one. Mus and I had some connection difficulties-the game did not make it into the first military phase in our test game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI