RE: Update on patch (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition

Bonaparte78 -> RE: Update on patch (5/6/2009 9:30:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: barbarossa2

I think it would be useful to set the attrition levels and difficulty levels separately.  I don't think they should be connected.  For instance, maybe someone wants to play with 10% attrition, but doesn't want the computer AI cheating on its economies, etc., etc.

Totally agree with you barbarossa2

barbarossa2 -> RE: Update on patch (5/6/2009 3:34:59 PM)

I am curious if the "merchant battleships" issue will be addressed for the patch?

Gil R. -> RE: Update on patch (5/6/2009 5:44:46 PM)

Anything not in the list won't make it into this patch, simply because even the most basic change would delay the patch by a week or so because of the need to test it. If some game-breaking bug were discovered we'd address it right away, but anything else needs to wait.

barbarossa2 -> RE: Update on patch (5/6/2009 5:55:16 PM)

I agree totally with this position Gil R. :)

Bonaparte78 -> RE: Update on patch (5/7/2009 6:58:52 AM)

Just the same for me.

Gil R. -> RE: Update on patch (5/15/2009 7:04:37 PM)

As those who closely read the forum have probably noticed, some additional issues have been reported, and we decided to make some additional tweaks to the strategic AI. This means that the patch, which would have been out earlier this week, needs to be delayed a bit longer. I never make predictions on when a patch will be out -- having learned this lesson the hard way! -- but can at least say that next week is possible. We'll keep you posted.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Update on patch (5/15/2009 7:10:54 PM)

having learned this lesson the hard way!

oh yea, just blame me

and besides, it is HARD

:P

hehe

Gil R. -> RE: Update on patch (5/15/2009 7:20:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

oh yea, just blame me

and besides, it is HARD

hehe

Don't you have something to test? Now if the patch is delayed by thirty seconds I'll blame you! [sm=00000028.gif]

lenin -> RE: Update on patch (5/15/2009 7:40:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bonaparte78

quote:

I think it would be useful to set the attrition levels and difficulty levels separately.  I don't think they should be connected.  For instance, maybe someone wants to play with 10% attrition, but doesn't want the computer AI cheating on its economies, etc., etc.

I totally agree with you Barbarossa (but not at the cost of delaying the [:D]patch). Should have serious consideration for the next one though.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Update on patch (5/15/2009 8:09:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

oh yea, just blame me

and besides, it is HARD

hehe

Don't you have something to test? Now if the patch is delayed by thirty seconds I'll blame you! [sm=00000028.gif]

hey, I just won the world as Turkey !!

next run, I want someone with a Navy, I miss my naval actions

ptan54 -> RE: Update on patch (5/19/2009 2:49:58 AM)

Under the new patch, a victor can choose not to strat redeploy out of the defeated country's territory - if he chooses to do so, what happens to divisions "stuck" on islands? One of the original concerns WCS had about making the redeploy optional was units stuck on islands unable to board ships that could not enter the harbour.

killroyishere -> RE: Update on patch (5/19/2009 3:24:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lenin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bonaparte78

quote:

I totally agree with you Barbarossa (but not at the cost of delaying the [:D]patch). Should have serious consideration for the next one though.

I totally agree with this as well. The more options for setting difficulty the better and the separation of AI from attrition is a great idea.

Mus -> RE: Update on patch (5/19/2009 3:49:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ptan54

Under the new patch, a victor can choose not to strat redeploy out of the defeated country's territory - if he chooses to do so, what happens to divisions "stuck" on islands? One of the original concerns WCS had about making the redeploy optional was units stuck on islands unable to board ships that could not enter the harbour.

Why would you choose to not strat redeploy if your forces were stuck on an island?

This is bizarre to say the least.

If there is a situation in which you need or want the strat redeploy, you use it. If there isnt, you dont.

ptan54 -> RE: Update on patch (5/19/2009 5:00:48 AM)

A hypothetical question. Let's say I "forgot" about my little corps on Cyprus.

Mus -> RE: Update on patch (5/19/2009 5:04:44 AM)

quote:

Sounds like you would be in trouble. So dont forget.

[:-]

dude -> RE: Update on patch (5/19/2009 12:54:41 PM)

quote:

Your options:
1) Leave them stuck there until you go to war again.
2) Ally with the owner of the island if possible to gain access to the port
3) Disband the force
4) Hope they program it so you can board ships in adjacent sea zones... [:D]
5) or hope they program it so you can use a port if you violate neutrality.

steveh11Matrix -> RE: Update on patch (5/19/2009 4:19:29 PM)

Hope there's a suitable save game?

Mus -> RE: Update on patch (5/22/2009 12:33:33 AM)

Patch coming soon?  I believe its been a week.

[:D]

Bonaparte78 -> RE: Update on patch (5/22/2009 7:10:03 AM)

Wooo Hooo!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI