1.06 bug: siege without engaging enemy corps (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

ndrose -> 1.06 bug: siege without engaging enemy corps (4/30/2009 4:49:27 PM)

I just installed 1.06 and started a new game (human France vs. AI), and ran into a little bug.

France is at war with England (of course). Prussia DOWs Baden, GB gets control, war lapses. Baden corps starts off on an adventure into the Low Countries, and France moves a corps into Baden, besieges, wins, and drops a garrison. The French corps remains in the rural area.

On the GB land phase, the Baden corps returns, and besieges the French garrison, bypassing the French corps in the area without engaging it.

Marshall, if I post this to Mantis, do you want the beginning of the econ. phase (showing both corps in the area), the end of the French combat phase (just before GB moves the Baden corps back and besieges), or the beginning of the French land phase (prior to taking the city)?

Marshall Ellis -> RE: 1.06 bug: siege without engaging enemy corps (5/1/2009 3:31:47 PM)

Send me the game right before Baden moves back in so that I can see them move past the French.
Arrrrrrgh!

ndrose -> RE: 1.06 bug: siege without engaging enemy corps (5/1/2009 4:10:45 PM)

Posted at Mantis.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: 1.06 bug: siege without engaging enemy corps (5/2/2009 2:27:20 PM)

Thanks!

fw1206 -> RE: 1.06 bug: siege without engaging enemy corps (5/4/2009 12:47:01 PM)

I got a bug similar to this:
I play France and i got control of Egypt against Turkey. I placed the egyptian corps with 15 inf and 4 cav at Area 512 (north of Cairo and east of Damietta) and 1 garrison in Cairo. I placed the corps there so that the Turks cannot reach Cairo. I did not move and the corps autofouraged.
In the turkish land movemend phase 2 turkish feudal corps (1 inf and 1 cav) moved "through" [X(] my egyptian corps and besieged Cairo.
This should no be possible or what do you think?
The attached file is at the end of my land combat phase

Greetings from Germany

Marshall Ellis -> RE: 1.06 bug: siege without engaging enemy corps (5/4/2009 2:39:33 PM)

This looks like the same issue.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI